"Cigarettes in Romania, 2017", is an analytical report that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in Romania.
Once a state monopoly, the Romanian cigarette market is dominated by the three leading multinationals, BAT, JTI, and PMI, with BAT leading the market with 53.1% in 2015 and JTI in second place with more 25.4%. Until recently, smoker numbers changed little, but a downward shift has occurred. There are currently 4.62 million adults smoking regularly or occasionally, with 36.5% of adult male and 16.2% female smokers in 2016, or 26.0% of the adult population. The smoking prevalence has been declining in recent years. In per capita terms, legitimate consumption now averages around 1204 pieces a year in 2016 and is forecasted to decline to 974 pieces by 2026.
What else does this report offer?
- Market size and structure of the overall and per capita consumption based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing analysis and our in-house expertise.
- Detailed information such as market shares and recent developments of the manufacturers, leading brands along with company profiles.
- Regulations, taxation, retail pricing, smoking habit and the growing health concerns affecting overall production.
- Prospects and forecasts of overall sales and consumption for 2016 to 2026.
- Market volume in 2016 was 23.4 billion pieces
- In per capita terms, consumers consumed an average of 1204 cigarettes in 2016.
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- As consumers’ product demands evolve, the dynamics between different countries also change - favoring some countries and leaving others increasingly out of line with demand patterns. As a result, understanding the specific market dynamics of the country's market is crucial to ensuring maximum future sales.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market. This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes -prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
2. Market Size
3. Market Structure
4. Manufacturers & Brands
5. Taxation & Retail
5.2. Retail Prices
6. The Smoking Population
7. Production & Trade
8. Operating Constraints
8.1. Advertising Restrictions
8.2. Health Warnings/ Labelling Requirements
8.3. Other Restrictions
9. Company Profiles
10. Prospects & Forecasts
11.1. What is this Report About?
11.2. Time Frame
11.3. Product Category Coverage
List of Tables
Table 1: Cigarette Consumption, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 2: Releases for Consumption, Million Pieces, 2005-2016
Table 3: Per Capita Consumption, 1990-2016
Table 4: Retail Value Sales, 2007-2016
Table 5: Market Breakdown, Domestic vs. Imported Products, Billion Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 6: Market Breakdown, Domestic vs. Imported Products, %, 2000-2016
Table 7: Price Segmentation by Market Volume (%), 2008-2010
Table 8: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 9: Manufacturer Sales & Market Shares, % Volume, 2000-2016
Table 10: Brand Family Shares, % Volume, 2004-2015
Table 11: EU Countries, Retail Price & Tax Incidence Comparison, Cigarettes, January 2017
Table 12: Annual Price Increases (Tobacco & Cigarettes), 2000-2009
Table 13: Retail Prices Trends: Leading Brand Families, RON Per Pack, 2016
Table 14: Smoking population,1990-2016
Table 15: Smokers by Age Group, 2003 & 2007
Table 16: Smoking Prevalence by Age and Gender (%), 2011
Table 17: Cigarette Production, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 18: Cigarette Imports, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 19: Imports by Country of Origin, Million Pieces, 2000-2016
Table 20: Imports by Country of Origin, % Breakdown, 2000-2016
Table 21: Cigarette Exports, Million Pieces, 1990-2016
Table 22: Exports by Country of Destination, Million Pieces, 2007-2016
Table 23: Exports by Country of Destination, % Breakdown, 2007-2016
Table 24: British American Tobacco (Romania) Srl
Table 25: Japan Tobacco International (Romania) Srl
Table 26: Philip Morris Romania Srl
Table 27: Consumption Forecasts 2016-2026
List of Figures
Figure 1: Methodology