A guide to improving your enterprise with the cloud
Cloud is a technology that is fundamentally changing the way businesses work. Even with major growth in cloud solutions, many traditional IT providers are finding it difficult to decide exactly what it means to adopt the cloud ... or even what "cloud" truly means to them. The seemingly limitless number of vendors and solutions makes it even harder to pick the right cloud strategy for their business.
The Cloud Adoption Playbook provides a way to sort through the options and make the best cloud decisions. Written by a team of IBM executives, this book defines the cloud, describes a framework for adopting the cloud in businesses large and small, and provides proven approaches for successful cloud adoption. Benefitting from numerous use cases and customer examples, this guide helps you pick the winning plays that will allow your business to take advantage of all the cloud has to offer.
Flip through the pages inside to discover:
- What business drivers are forcing enterprises to the cloud
- What strategic decisions need to be made in cloud adoption
- Culture changes you can expect from cloud adoption
- The architectural decisions driven by the cloud
- Security requirements for the cloud
- Handling changes created by emerging technologies
- A proven methodology for cloud application development
- Service management and operations in the cloud
- The role of governance in cloud adoption