Atlas of Hematopathology: Morphology, Immunophenotype, Cytogenetics, and Molecular Approaches, Second Edition, will appeal to both a wide range of people undergoing training in a variety of medical fields and practicing non-hematopathologists. For clinicians, fellows and residents, correct diagnosis (and therefore correct treatment) of diseases depends on a strong understanding of the molecular basis for the disease, making this book a crucial resource. This atlas contains hundreds of high-quality color images that mirror the findings that fellows and clinicians encounter in practice. In addition, it provides information in a quick, simple and user-friendly manner, attracting both those in training and non- experts.
Residents, fellows, practicing clinicians, and researchers in pathology, hematology and hematology/oncology will find this a useful resource.
- Covers both non-neoplastic hematopathology and neoplastic hematopathology in all organs and tissues
- Demonstrates results of important complementary diagnostic tests, such as immunophenotyping (immunohistochemical stains and flow cytometry), karyotyping, FISH and DNA/molecular studies
- Provides tables to summarize the most important clinicopathological features
- Saves clinicians and researchers time in quickly accessing the very latest details on the diverse clinical and scientific aspects of hematopathology
1. Structure and Function of Hematopoietic Tissues 2. Principles of Immunophenotyping 3. Principles of Cytogenetics 4. Principles of Molecular Techniques 5. Morphology of Abnormal Bone Marrow 6. Reactive Lymphadenopathies 7. Bone Marrow Aplasia 8. Myelodysplastic Syndromes 9. Chronic Myeloproliferative Diseases 10. Myelodysplastic/Myeloproliferative Diseases 11. Acute Myeloid Leukemia 12. The Neoplasms of Precursor Lymphoblasts 13. Acute Leukemias of Ambiguous Lineage 14. Lymphoid Malignancies of Non-precursor Cells: General Considerations 15. Mature B-Cell Neoplasms 16. Plasma Cell Myeloma and Related Disorders 17. Mature T-cell and NK-Cell Neoplasms 18. Hodgkin Lymphoma 19. Non-neoplastic and Borderline Lymphocytic Disorders 20. Mastocytosis 21. Histiocytic and Dendritic Cell Disorders 22. Granulocytic Disorders 23. Disorder of Red Blood Cells: Anemias 24. Disorders of Megakaryocytes and Platelets
Dr. Naeim has over 25 years practice in bone marrow pathology with several years of experience in flow cytometry. He is the author of numerous research articles and an established Elsevier author. He is a hematopathologist and an internationally known expert in pathology of bone marrow disorders. He is currently the Head of Hematopathology and the Director of Hematopathology Fellowship program at David Geffen School of Medicine, UCLA.
Rao, P. Nagesh
Dr. Rao is an established Elsevier author. Current projects include analysis of cytogenetic abnormalities in Paget's disease patients and analyzing the mouse karyotypes for identifying XXY males among the offspring of female chimeras from embryonic stem-cells. His cytogenetics laboratory is a training site for interested residents, fellows and medical students.
Song, Sophie X.
Phan, Ryan T.