Fractional Order Systems: Optimization, Control, Circuit Realizations and Applications consists of 21 contributed chapters by subject experts. Chapters offer practical solutions and novel methods for recent research problems in the multidisciplinary applications of fractional order systems, such as FPGA, circuits, memristors, control algorithms, photovoltaic systems, robot manipulators, oscillators, etc. This book is ideal for researchers working in the modeling and applications of both continuous-time and discrete-time dynamics and chaotic systems. Researchers from academia and industry who are working in research areas such as control engineering, electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, and information technology will find the book most informative.
- Discusses multi-disciplinary applications with new fundamentals, modeling, analysis, design, realization and experimental results
- Includes new circuits and systems based on the new nonlinear elements
- Covers most of the linear and nonlinear fractional-order theorems that will solve many scientific issues for researchers
- Closes the gap between theoretical approaches and real-world applications
- Provides MATLAB® and Simulink code for many of the applications in the book
Please Note: This is an On Demand product, delivery may take up to 11 working days after payment has been received.
2. FPGA Implementation of Fractional Order Chaotic Systems
3. A Survey of Numerical Simulations for Multi-Strain Tuberculosis Models of Fractional Order and their Optimal Control
4. Fractional-Order Models for HIV Viral and Epidemiological Dynamics
5. Biological Inspired Optimization Algorithms for Fractional-Order Bio-Impedance Models Parameters Extraction
6. Fractional-order integrated circuits in control applications and biological modelling
7. Bioimpedance Analysis using Fractional-Order Equivalent Electrical Circuits
8. On the Approximation of Fractional-Order Circuits Design
9. On the Fractional Order Circuit Design: Sensitivity and Yield
10. Survey on Two-Port Network Based Fractional-Order Oscillators
11. On linear and nonlinear electric circuits: a local fractional calculus approach
12. Fractional-Order Filter Design
13. Analogue filters with arbitrarily adjustable frequency response
14. Memristive Fractional Order Non-linear Model for Circuit Design
15. Estimation Methods for Fractional Order Systems
16. Control of a Three-Link Manipulator using Fractional Order PID Controller
17. Development of A Fractional Order PID Controller Using Adaptive Weighted PSO and Genetic Algorithms with Applications
18. Fractional-order PI controller for Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor: A design based comparative study
19. Description of the Control Strategies by a-Fractional-Order Backward Difference
20. Conventional, Intelligent and Fractional-Order Control Method for Maximum power point tracking of photovoltaic system
21. A BSA Tuned Fractional Order PID Controller for Enhanced MPPT in Photovoltaic System
Dr. Ahmad Azar has received the M.Sc. degree in 2006 and Ph.D degree in 2009 from Faculty of Engineering, Cairo University, Egypt. He is currently a full time associate professor, Faculty of computers and information, Benha University, Egypt.
Dr. Azar is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA) published by IGI Global, USA. Also, he is the Editor in Chief of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK.
Dr. Azar has worked as associate editor of IEEE Trans. Neural Networks and Learning Systems from 2013 to 2017. He is currently Associate Editor of ISA Transactios, Elsevier and IEEE systems journal. Dr. Ahmad Azar has worked in the areas of Control Theory & Applications, Process Control, Chaos Control and Synchronization, Nonlinear control, Computational Intelligence and has authored/coauthored over 200 research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings.
He is an editor of many Books in the field of Fuzzy logic systems, modeling techniques, control systems, computational intelligence, Chaos modeling and Machine learning. Dr. Ahmad Azar is closely associated with several international journals as a reviewer. He serves as international programme committee member in many international and peer-reviewed conferences.
Dr Ahmad Azar is currently a senior member in IEEE, Chair of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society (CIS) Egypt Chapter, Vice chair of IEEE Computational Intelligence Society Interdisciplinary Emergent Technologies Task Force, vice-Chair Research Activities of IEEE Robotics and Automation Society Egypt Chapter, Committee member of IEEE CIS Task Force on Fuzzy Logic in Medical Sciences Also, he is the Vice-president (North) of System dynamics Africa Regional Chapter and an Academic Member of IEEE Systems, Man, and Cybernetics Society Technical Committee on Computational Collective Intelligence.
Radwan, Ahmed G.
Ahmed G. Radwan (Senior member IEEE) is a Professor in the Engineering Mathematics Department, Cairo University, Egypt, and Acting Director of Research, Nile University, Egypt. He was the Former Director of Nanoelectronics Integrated Systems Center (NISC), Nile University, Egypt. Dr. Radwan was a visiting Professor in Computational Electromagnetic Lab (CEL), Electrical and Computer Engineering department (ECE), McMaster University, Canada in the interval [2008 - 2009], then he was selected to be a part of the first foundation research teams to join KAUST (King Abdullah University of Science and Technology) during the interval [2009 -2011]. His research interests include interdisciplinary concepts between mathematics and engineering applications such as fractional-order systems, bifurcation, chaos, memristor, and encryption. Dr. Radwan received the Cairo University excellence award for research in the engineering sciences in 2016, the Abdul Hameed Shoman Award for Arab Researchers in basic sciences in 2015, the state achievements award for research in mathematical sciences in 2012, the Cairo University achievements award for research in the engineering sciences in 2013, and the best researcher awards Nile University 2015 & 2016.
Dr. Radwan has more than 200 papers, h-index 30, and more than 3000 citations based on Scopus database. He is the Co-inventor of Six US patents, author/Co-author of Seven international books as well as 15-chapter books in the highly ranked publishers such as Elsevier and Springer. He received many research grants as Principle Investigator (PI), CO-PI, or Consultant from different national/international organizations. He was Invited to be Lead/Guest Editors in Journal of Circuits, Systems and Signal Processing, and Journal of Mathematical Problems in Engineering, and Complexity. He organized many special sessions, serve as TPC (Technical Program Committee) in several international conferences. He was selected as a member of the first scientific council of Egyptian Young Academy of Sciences (EYAS) as well as in the first scientific council of the Egyptian Center for the Advancement of Science, Technology, and Innovation (ECASTI) to empower and encourage Egyptian young scientists in science and technology and build knowledge-based societies.
Professor and Dean, Research and Development Centre, Vel Tech University, Chennai, India
Dr. Sundarapandian Vaidyanathan received the D.Sc. degree (1996) in Systems Science and Mathematics from Washington University, St. Louis, USA. He is currently Professor and Dean, Research and Development Centre, Vel Tech University, Chennai, India.
Dr. Sundarapandian is an Associate Editor of International Journal of System Dynamics Applications (IJSDA) published by IGI Global, USA. He is the Associate Editor of International Journal of Intelligent Engineering Informatics (IJIEI), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK. He is also an Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control (IJMIC), and International Journal of Simulation and Process Modelling (IJSPM), Inderscience Publishers, Olney, UK.
Dr. Sundarapandian is an active researcher in the areas of Control Systems Modelling, Nonlinear Control Systems, Chaos Theory and Applications, Chaos Control and Synchronization, Nonlinear control, Operations Research, Computational Science Computational Intelligence and has authored/coauthored over 360 Scopus-indexed research publications in peer-reviewed reputed journals, book chapters and conference proceedings. He has published several books in the areas of Chaos Theory, Control Systems and Computational Intelligence. His major contributions are in the areas of chaos modelling and control, and he has discovered many novel chaotic and hyperchaotic systems. He has also contributed to multidisciplinary applications of chaos modelling and control.
Dr. Sundarapandian is an editor of many Books in the fields of Control Systems, Chaos Theory, Intelligent control, Computational Intelligence, Modelling and Applications.
Dr. Sundarapandian serves as international steering committee member in many international and peer-reviewed conferences. He has delivered keynote lectures in many Control Conferences and also conducted International Workshops on MATLAB and SCILAB.