Increasing Adoption of Electric Vehicles - Driving the Market
The growing environmental concerns and reducing fossil fuels have led to the innovation and development of electric vehicles. Battery electric vehicle (BEV) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV) are two main types of electric vehicles. BEV uses batteries for energy storage and the battery has to be plugged-in to recharge. Whereas, PHEV uses both batteries and liquid-fuel storage & refueling systems. Lithium-ion properties, such as high energy & current density, makes it highly suitable for application in electric vehicles. But, these batteries can be dangerous if they are not operated within their SOA. For this purpose, BMS is required in every lithium-ion battery, especially when used in electric vehicles. Hence, BMS finds wide application in electric vehicles, owing to the safety concerns related to lithium-ion batteries. The EV market has witnessed considerable growth over the past five years, and the trend is likely to remain the same in the coming years. Hence, the growth of EV market is likely to add to the demand for BMS market considerably in the coming years.
Asia-Pacific BMS Market to Witness Fastest Growth
Asia-Pacific is likely to witness fastest growth during the forecast period. In Asia-Pacific, China is expected to witness strong growth, owing to the rapid growth of EV market. The rising demand for consumer electronics is likely to further add to the demand for BMS, owing to the increasing integration of BMS in consumer electronics for safety purpose. North America is also expected to witness considerable growth in the demand for BMS, owing to the increasing sale of electric vehicles in the region. After China, the United States witnessed the second highest sale of electric vehicles in 2016. Along with this, the US government’s emphasis on shifting the automotive production base back to the country from Mexico is likely to add to the existing EVs production in the country. In Europe, the increasing renewable energy infrastructure and increasing production of electric vehicles are likely to drive the demand for BMS during the forecast period.
China to Lead the Asia-Pacific BMS Market
China is expected to lead the BMS market in the Asia-Pacific region in the coming years. China is the biggest market for EVs, globally. In 2016, the country witnessed about 75% increase in the sales of BEV and about 30% increase in the sales of PHEV, compared to the sales in 2015. In 2016, around 351,000 electric passenger cars were delivered in China, thus, making it the largest market for electric cars (or new energy vehicles, NEV, as they are called in China). The government subsidies for the purchase of new energy vehicles, and to support industries, as well as investments in energy storage power plants are the factors that are likely to drive the demand for BMS in China in the coming years.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Nissan launched an all-in-one home energy solution, including solar panels, a battery and an energy management system.
- January 2018: Maxim launched an advanced battery management system for developing smarter car in the future. Automotive OEMs can enhance the safety of their lithium-ion battery packs with robust communications, comprehensive diagnostics, and lower system costs with the company’s MAX17843 12-channel, high-voltage smart sensor data-acquisition device.
Reasons to Purchase This Report
- Identify the drivers, restraints, and opportunities possessed by the global battery management system market, with in-depth analysis.
- Analyze the various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the most dominating type of battery with forecasted market estimate in the global battery management system market.
- Identify the largest, fastest-growing, and significant regions during the forecast period, with in-depth analysis.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
3.4 Government Rules & Regulations
4. Market Dynamics
5. Value Chain Analysis
6. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
6.3 Threat of Substitute Products & Services
6.4 Threat of New Entrants
6.5 Competitive Rivalry
7. Global Battery Management Systems Market Analysis, by Geography (Overview, Market Size & Demand Forecast Until 2023)
7.1 North America
7.1.1 United States
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.4 United Kingdom
7.3.5 Rest of Europe
7.4 South America
7.4.3 Rest of South America
7.5 Middle East & Africa
7.5.1 Saudi Arabia
7.5.3 South Africa
7.5.4 Rest of Middle East & Africa
8. Global Battery Management Systems Market Analysis, by End User (Overview, Market Size & Demand Forecast Until 2023)
9. Key Company Profiles* (Overview, Products, Financials**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
9.1 Eberspaecher Vecture Inc.
9.2 Elithion, Inc.
9.3 Renesas Electronics Corporation
9.4 Johnson Matthey PLC
9.5 Lithium Balance.
9.6 Navitas System, LLC Corporate.
9.7 Nuvation Engineering
9.8 Texas Instruments, Inc.
9.9 Valence Technology, Inc.
9.10 VENTEC SAS
*List not Exhaustive
10. Competitive Landscape
10.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
10.2 Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
10.3 Market Share Analysis
**Subject to availability to public domain
- Eberspaecher Vecture Inc.
- Elithion Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Johnson Matthey PLC
- Lithium Balance
- Navitas System LLC Corporate.
- Nuvation Engineering
- Texas Instruments Inc.
- Valence Technology Inc.
- VENTEC SAS