Increasing Demand for Oil & Gas - Accelerates Growth
If the new projects are not approved, the global oil supply is expected to fall behind the global oil demand by 2020. Two scenarios can be considered due to this situation. Firstly, a majority of operating companies anticipate such situation and take the risk of investing in new projects, even if the oil prices are low; however until the prices rise, the companies can delay the production to prevent the oversupply. In this scenario, companies are expected to invest in exploration, so that the discovered oil reserves are utilized later when the oil & gas prices rise, resulting in the growth of upstream exploration contracts during the forecast period; while midstream and downstream contracts are expected to rise after 2020. The second scenario is that, if the majority of operating companies do not take the risk of investing in new projects due to low sustained oil prices, then the supply of oil and gas is expected to fall behind the demand, leading to a drastic rise in the oil prices. In this case, the oil & gas EPC contracts are expected to rise substantially during the forecast period. Therefore, in either case, the contracts in oil & gas sector are expected to increase within next five years. The low crude oil prices and lack of skilled labor are the major restraints for the growth of the global oil & gas EPC market.
Variable Effect of Oil Price on Upstream, Midstream and Downstream EPC Market
A decline in crude oil prices has led to a slump in the upstream oil & gas industry. On the other hand, it has had a variable effect on the downstream oil & gas industry based on geography. For instance, in Europe, the decline in crude oil prices has increased the profit margins for the downstream industry; while in the United States, the low oil prices have resulted in an oversupply of end-product in the downstream industry. This has led to the demand-supply deficit, which, in turn, has had an adverse effect on the US downstream oil & gas industry. The midstream oil & gas industry witnessed a sharp decline over the years, due to a decline in the volume of investments owing to the uncertainty of oil prices.
North America to Lead the Market
The North American upstream EPC market is expected to grow at a faster rate, due to the positive outlook of the oil & gas industry in the United States, Canada, and Mexico. Oil production in the United States is expected to grow, drastically, due to the growing production from the Permian region of Texas and the Federal Gulf of Mexico. Canada provides tremendous a growth opportunity for the oil & gas EPC market as the country’s major oil reserves, like oil sand, are open to private companies and not controlled by national oil companies. Mexico is the third-largest player in the oil & gas EPC market in North America, after the United States and Canada. New oil & gas projects are expected to start in Mexico, due to the growing requirement for infrastructure development activities in the oil & gas industry. This factor is expected to fuel the market growth in Mexico. Hence, growth in the United States, exploration opportunity in Canada, and need to build infrastructure in Mexico are likely to drive the oil & gas EPC sector in North America in the coming years. Moreover, in Canada, the transparency in the oil & gas sector is expected to help in mitigating risks in EPC projects.
India to Drive the Global Oil Consumption Growth
In 2016, India accounted for about 4.6% of the global oil consumption and registered a CAGR of nearly 8% for oil consumption during 2014-2016. Industrial growth, urbanization, growing population, and increasing per capita income are the major drivers fueling the demand for Indian oil. India is expected to be a major source for the global oil & gas demand during the forecast period. This demand is expected to drive the global oil & gas investments, thus, driving the oil & gas EPC market.
Notable Developments in the Market
- December 2017: McDermott International Inc. and Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV (CB&I) agreed to sign a merger.
- Dec 2017: Statoil awarded TechnipFMC PLC an EPC contract for Snorre Field expansion projects.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The drivers, restraints, and opportunities affecting the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil & gas EPC market
- The strategies of the major oil & gas companies and oil-producing countries and their effect on the market
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The end-user industry expected to dominate the market
- The regions expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast Until 2023
3.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4. Market Dynamics
5. Supply Chain Analysis
6. Global Oil & Gas EPC Market Analysis, by Sector (Market Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7. Global Oil & Gas EPC Market Analysis, by Geography (Market Overview, Market Size, and Demand Forecast until 2023)
7.1 North America
7.1.3 Rest of North America
7.2.5 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.3.4 Rest of Europe
7.4 Middle East & Africa
7.4.1 Saudi Arabia
7.4.5 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.5 South America
7.5.3 Rest of South America
8. Key Company Analysis* (Overview, Business Segmentation, Financial Analysis**, Recent Developments, and Analyst View)
8.1 TechnipFmc Plc
8.2 Bechtel Corporation
8.3 Samsung Engineering Co. Ltd
8.4 Saipem Spa
8.5 National Petroleum Construction Company
8.6 McDermott International, Inc.
8.7 KBR Inc.
8.8 Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
8.9 Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd
8.10 Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd
8.11 Fluor Corporation
8.12 Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd
8.13 CNGS Group
8.14 Hexa Oil & Gas Services LLC
8.15 Stroytransgaz OAO
*List is not exhaustive
9. Competitive Landscape
9.1 Mergers and Acquisitions
9.2 Collaborations and Joint Ventures
** Subjected to availability in public domain
- TechnipFmc Plc
- Bechtel Corporation
- Samsung Engineering Co. Ltd.
- Saipem SPA
- National Petroleum Construction Company
- McDermott International Inc.
- KBR Inc.
- Jacobs Engineering Group Inc.
- Hyundai Heavy Industries Co. Ltd.
- Hyundai Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd.
- Fluor Corporation
- Daewoo Engineering & Construction Co. Ltd.
- CNGS Group
- Hexa Oil & Gas Services Llc