Growth in Proteomics and Genomics
With the completion of the Human Genome Project (in 2001) and the Human Proteome Project, a vast amount of data has generated, which has given a new dimension to the profiling of proteomic and genomic analyses. The data generated, out of these projects, has driven the growth of the global bioinformatics market, due to the growing demand for tools and platforms for data management, data retrieval, sequence alignment, structure prediction, and other bioinformatics applications.
Other factors driving the market include increasing government spending and rise in R&D initiatives.
Rising Data Complexity Concerns
A large amount of genomic and proteomic data, generated through various sequencing and structure prediction methods, are highly complex. The complexity of the generated data ranges from missing values to excess unwanted information. Data dissemination has been a major challenge for the growth of the bioinformatics market.
Reimbursement hurdles for the manufacturer and high-capital investment are also restraining the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
The bioinformatics market has been segmented on the basis of technology, application, end user, and geography. By geography, the market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
Owing to the factors, like the growing demand for bioinformatics across genomics and proteomics research, technological advancements, increasing research funding, and the presence of a large number of market players and research institutes in the region, North America dominates the global bioinformatics market.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Thermo Fisher Scientific introduced Ion GeneStudio S5 Series, a line of highly versatile next generation sequencers.
- November 2017: Biomillenia collaborated with QIAGEN for the use of QIAGEN's Microbial Genomics Pro Suite, in order to generate next-generation sequence data on microbes identified using Biomillenia's proprietary microbiome-on-a-chip technology.
- August 2016: Agilent Technologies and Eurofins Genomics collaborated to expand SureVector cloning system
- January 2016: PerkinElmer, Inc., has signed a strategic collaboration with Attivio in the launch of a new solution in the PerkinElmer Signals data discovery platform.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the Global Bioinformatics Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale
- Analyzing various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Market Overview
5.3 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.3.3 Degree of Competition
5.3.4 Threat of Substitution
5.3.5 Threat of New Entrants
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, And Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Rising Government Spending
6.1.2 Increased R&D initiatives
6.1.3 Increase in Growth of Proteomics and Genomics
6.1.4 Increasing Research for Molecular Biology and Drug Discovery
6.1.5 Surge in the Biotechnology Industry in Emerging Countries
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Lack of Skilled Labor
6.2.2 Lack of Proper Formats
6.2.3 Data Complexity Concerns
6.2.4 Saturation of Pharmaceutical Sector
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Technology
7.1.1 By Platforms
18.104.22.168 Sequence Analysis Platforms
22.214.171.124 Sequence Alignment Platforms
126.96.36.199 Sequence Manipulation Platforms
188.8.131.52 Structural Analysis Platforms
7.1.2 By Tool
184.108.40.206 Bioinformatics Content Management Tools
220.127.116.11 Bioinformatics Work-Flow Management Systems
18.104.22.168 Web Services
7.1.3 By Service
22.214.171.124 Database Management
126.96.36.199 Data Analysis
188.8.131.52 Sequence Services
7.2 By Application
7.2.1 Microbial Genome
7.2.2 Gene Engineering
7.2.3 Drug Development
7.2.4 Personalized Medicine
7.3 By End-Users
7.3.2 Animal Studies
7.3.4 forensic Science
7.4 By Geography
7.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Rest of Europe (RoE)
7.4.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 South Korea
18.104.22.168 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.4.4 The Middle East & Africa
22.214.171.124 GCC Countries
126.96.36.199 South Africa
188.8.131.52 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.4.5 South America
184.108.40.206 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
8.3 New Product Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Agilent Technologies
9.6 Accelrys, Inc.
9.7 Geneva Bioinformatics SA
10. Future of the Market