Significant Growth in Demand for Chromatography Tests, as a Part of Drug Approvals
Over the last two decades, the major characteristic, supporting the development in the methodology of pharmaceutical and biomedical analysis, is that the chromatography has become the most important analytical method for identification, quantification, and testing of drugs, either in its active pharmaceutical ingredient or formulations during the process of the discovery, development, testing, and manufacturing. The United States has the most stringent standards for approving new drugs. The demand for the US drug approval standards is high throughout the world. Similar to these requirements, there are two regulatory steps to go through before a drug is approved in the European Union. These two steps are clinical trial application and marketing authorization application. These factors are likely to boost the demand for chromatography resins.
Pharmaceuticals to Dominate the North American Market
The utility in separation and analysis of biomolecules, based on the biological functions or individual structures in the pharmaceutical industry & biotechnology, is growing in popularity. The advancement in recombinant DNA technology in the biotechnology industry have led to the discovery of techniques for isolating the genes for individual proteins, expressing these proteins in microbial or mammalian cell culture and recovering the heterologous protein in active form. Chromatography requires high-scale usage of chromatography resins. Chromatography resin is one of the major contributors to the cost of goods for the production of a biotechnology therapeutic. Currently, in terms of consumption, North America is the leader of chromatography resins in biotechnology applications. North American countries are spending heavily in R&D activities to get advanced in the field of biotechnology.
Mexico to Expand at the Fastest Rate
In North America, Mexico has the second-largest pharmaceutical industry. It is one of the major producers of advanced medicines, such as anti-inflammatory drugs, antibiotics, etc. The growing population, along with the rising level of exports in the Latin American market, has boosted the pharmaceutical industry in this region. Chromatographic resin finds a major usage in the food processing industry. Mexico has the second-largest food processing industry in North America and eighth largest in the world.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. launched PureLink Fast Low-Endotoxin Plasmid Purification Midi and Maxi Kits, which is used in to accelerate the process of isolation of plasmid DNA
- March 2017: Tosoh Bioscience launched TOYOPEARL AF-rProtein L-650F, a protein L resin that exhibits high-binding capacity
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Role of the pharmaceutical industry in the market growth
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Dominating application and technology during the forecast period
- The fast growing countries during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing Importance of Chromatography Tests in Drug Approvals
4.1.2 Technological Advancements in Chromatography Resins
4.2.1 High Costs vs. Productivity of Chromatography Systems
4.3.1 Rising Importance of Green Chromatography
4.3.2 Other opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Forecast & CAGR)
5.1 By Application
126.96.36.199 Drug Discovery
188.8.131.52 Drug Production
5.1.2 Food & Beverages
5.1.3 Water & Environmental Analysis
5.2 By Technology
5.2.1 Ion Exchange Chromatography Resins
5.2.2 Affinity Chromatography Resins
5.2.3 Size Exclusion Chromatography Resins
5.2.4 Hydrophobic Interaction Chromatography Resins
5.2.5 Mixed-Mode Chromatography Resins
5.3 By Origin
184.108.40.206 Silica Gel
220.127.116.11 Aluminium Oxide
6. Regional Analysis (Market Size, Forecast & CAGR)
6.1 United States
6.4 Rest of North America
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, Recent Developments and Analyst View)
8.1 Agilient Technologies
8.2 Avantor Performance Materials, LLC
8.3 Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
8.4 GENERAL ELECTRIC
8.5 Merck KGaA
8.6 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
8.7 Pall Corporation
8.8 Perkinelmer, Inc.
8.10 Repligen Corporation
8.11 DowDuPont (The Dow Chemical Company)
8.12 Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
8.13 Tosoh Bioscience (Tosoh Corporation)
*list not exhaustive
- Agilient Technologies
- Avantor Performance Materials LLC.
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- GENERAL ELECTRIC
- Merck KGaA
- Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
- Pall Corporation
- Perkinelmer Inc.
- Repligen Corporation
- DowDuPont (The Dow Chemical Company)
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Tosoh Bioscience (Tosoh Corporation)