Data acquisition devices play a crucial role in connecting and validating devices. The demand for the integration of these products is on the rise, with increasing requirements from customers, for a wide range of features and functionalities. Moreover, numerous opportunities are emerging from the increasing use of Ethernet in the market. Furthermore, the adoption of Ethernet is gaining momentum, with growing assurance around interoperability and ease of integration, thus fueling the demand for data acquisition hardware and software. In addition, the advent of Big Data analytics, which is being used to test products developed to ensure quality, is significantly boosting the growth of data acquisition software. In addition, the increasing use of Big Data analytics is driving technical advancements in software-based data acquisition products.
Increasing Investments in the Infrastructure and Renewable Energy Sectors
Over the last seventy years, the consumption of oil and other hydrocarbon resources has increased tremendously. With rapid economic growth happening around the world, the energy consumption of the average global citizen has increased. Further, developments in industrialization have enabled the exploitation of more resources, such as renewable energy, in order to run the business. Owing to the increasing awareness about the significance of data and energy management technologies, with the help of data acquisition systems and their impact on increasing energy efficiency, energy companies have been deploying these systems as a part of their process enhancement strategies.
Aerospace to Record the Highest Market Share
Due to the improved real-time capabilities of data acquisition systems, the data acquisition market has witnessed substantial growth in the aerospace & defense sector in the recent years. This can also be attributed to the growing need of high bandwidths for quick access of large amounts of data. Due to the large size of the regional aerospace & defense industries, North America and Europe account for the majority share in the market. However, due to improving economic conditions and incorporation of advanced technologies, Latin America, China, and India are also expected to witness a growth in this industry.
Asia-Pacific to Register the Highest Growth Rate
The government initiative to support state-owned- enterprises and the establishment of the state-owned assets supervision and administration commission as a monitoring organization, is leading to a surge in data acquisition solutions, through the implementation of certain regulations by the governments, regarding the safety and monitoring. In India, the implementation of the government policies toward establishing a base for the use of renewable energy sources through the use of smart infrastructure, is anticipated to be a major factor driving the growth of the data acquisition market.
Key Developments in the Market
- Dec 2017 - ABB and Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) formed a partnership to combine ABB’s digital manufacturing system, ABB Ability, with HPE’s IT solutions. The partnership aims to provide manufacturers with actionable insights from significant amounts of industrial data. The purpose is to increase the efficiency and flexibility of manufacturing operations. In the future, owing to this partnership, it is expected that key players from different markets will come together to offer greater benefits to their customers.
- Sep 2017 - Campbell Scientific released a data-acquisition product, the CR1000X measurement and control data logger. It provides measurement and control for a wide variety of applications. It finds applications in environmental applications, including weather stations, mesonet systems, wind profiling, air-quality monitoring, hydrological systems, water-quality monitoring, and hydro-meteorological stations.
- May 2017 - Advantech announced new products of wireless sensor nodes for wide-area remote data acquisition. Utilizing Wi-Fi, mobile network, and LoRa low-power wide-area network (LPWAN) technology, the firm has developed three types of wireless sensor nodes - sensor-integrated nodes, high-performance IP65-rated nodes, and solar-rechargeable nodes. These wireless sensor nodes can provide data collection, wireless transmission, and power supply features, aimed at industrial and outdoor applications.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- How does the deployment of Big Data in various end-user industries influence the market scenario?
- Analyze various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which product type and application are expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our representative, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Increasing Investments in the Infrastructure And Renewable Energy Sector
4.2.2 Emergence of Big Data
4.2.3 Growing Demand for Open Architecture
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Deficient End User Knowledge and Expertise
4.3.2 High Implementation Costs
4.3.3 Data Security Concerns
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.4.1 Evolution of Wireless Data Acquisition Systems
4.4.2 Increasing Demand for Paperless Chart Recorders and Data Loggers
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Data Acquisition Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI)
5.1.2 LAN Extensions for Instrumentation (LXI)/ Ethernet
5.1.3 VME Extensions for Instrumentation (VXI)
5.1.4 PCI Extensions for Instrumentation (PXI)
5.1.5 Universal Serial Bus (USB)
5.2 By Architecture
5.3 By Component
5.3.1 Human Machine Interface (HMI)
5.3.2 Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
5.3.3 Remote Terminal Unit (RTU)
5.4 By End User
5.4.3 Education and Research
5.4.5 Energy & Power
5.4.6 Other End Users
5.5 By Region
5.5.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.5.4 Latin America
220.127.116.11 Rest of Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 Saudi Arabia
22.214.171.124 Rest of Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 ABB Ltd.
6.2 Advantech Co. Ltd
6.3 Agilent Technologies
6.4 Campbell Scientific Inc.
6.5 Data Translation Inc.
6.6 Schneider Electric SE
6.7 Honeywell International
6.8 Siemens AG
6.9 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.10 MathWorks Corporation
6.11 General Electric Ltd
6.12 Omron Corporation
6.13 Yokogawa Electric Co.
6.14 Emerson Electric Co.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Data Acquisition Market
- ABB Ltd.
- Advantech Co. Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies
- Campbell Scientific Inc.
- Data Translation Inc.
- Schneider Electric SE
- Honeywell International
- Siemens AG
- Rockwell Automation Inc
- MathWorks Corporation
- General Electric Ltd.
- Omron Corporation
- Yokogawa Electric Co.
- Emerson Eletric Co.