Stringent emission regulations
Automotive fuel filters play a very important role in controlling emissions. After the Volkswagen emission scandal, government agencies around the world have become very vigilant with regards to adherence to emission norms, and this has boosted the fuel filters market. Due to alarming pollution levels in cities, emission norms, especially in emerging markets like India and China, are being upgraded at a high rate. India, in order to curb pollution, has decided to leapfrog BS 5 and jump straight to BS 6 by 2022. This is expected to bring the emission requirements of automobiles in India on par with the European norms of 2017. As a result, the fuel filters market in India is anticipated to increase exponentially by 2023.
Asia-Pacific dominating the market growth
The Asia-Pacific region, despite the sluggish growth in the Chinese market (the largest automobile market in the world), is expected to lead the growth in the automotive oil and fuel filters market. The European and North American markets are also anticipated to see strong levels of growth by 2023 in the light of the recovering automotive sector post the 2008-09 crises. The South American market is forecasted to see sluggish growth due to poor automobile sales as a result of the economic crisis in the region but is anticipated to bounce back post-2022.
Key Developments in the Market:
- January 2018: Diesel cars face a tougher MOT test from May as it targets particulate filters in emissions crackdown
- October 2017: Mahle GmBH unveiled its latest range of fuel filters with claimed efficiency increase of 4-6%.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- The report analyses how the stringent emission norms will drive the global automotive fuel filter market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Growing Vehicle Demand
5.1.2 Stringent Emission Norms
5.2.1 Increase in Demand for Electric Vehicles
5.2.2 Short Drain and Replacement Intervals
5.3.1 Efficient Filters with Longer Drain Intervals
5.3.2 Growing Demand from BRICS Nations
6. Automotive Fuel Filter Market, Segmented by Fuel Type
7. Automotive Fuel Filter Market, Segmented by Vehicle Type
7.1 Passenger Vehicles
7.1.1 Four Wheelers
7.1.2 Two Wheelers
7.2 Commercial Vehicles
8. Automotive Fuel Filter Market, Segmented by Geography
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.2 South America
8.4.1 United Kingdom
8.5 Africa and Middle East
8.5.2 South Africa
8.5.3 Saudi Arabia
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
10.1 Acdelco Corporation
10.2 Affinia Group
10.4 Ashley Filters
10.8 Mann + Hummel Group
10.10 Sogefi Group
11. Future Outlook of the Market