Increasing Passenger Car Sales to Boost the Market
Passenger cars sales have been increasing in China at an average growth rate of 11% during 2014-2016. In 2016, China passenger car sales accounted for 24,376,902 units. China has the largest share for passenger vehicles, followed by the United States, Japan, Germany, South Korea and India. China alone contributed to 26.99% of the global sales. This improvement in sales in expected to encourage automakers to ramp up the production activities, driving the market for automotive EPS over the forecast period.
Technology Advancement in the EPS
NSK Ltd, a Japanese Company has designed the world’s lightest column type Electric Power Steering (EPS) which will contribute to increased fuel efficiency in automobiles. This EPS is 13% lighter than the current products in the market. The company has planned to launch this light weight system on a global scale for small to mid-sized cars which have a particular need for fuel efficiency. This steering system was developed keeping in mind, the various factors such as vital need to maintain safety, a compact and lightweight form that will contribute to fuel efficiency and also enhancing performance.
The simple EPS design compared to hydraulic steering systems, with advantages such as lesser weight, low maintenance, the better response at different speeds, highly durability, and lesser fuel consumption, has fuelled the adoption of EPS over hydraulic systems, in turn, driving the market for automotive electric power steering systems. Erratic fuel prices and safety features such as electronic stability control and ABS integrated with electronic steering systems are some other factors fuelling demand in this market.
Automakers and EPS manufactures noticed the high potential growth in the Chinese market and geared up with strategies to penetrate and invest into the market.
Major Players: ATS ATOMATION, DENSO CORPORATION, MITSUBISHI ELECTRIC CORPORATION, ZF FRIEDRICHSHAFEN AG amongst others.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2017: Nexteer Automotive signed a joint venture agreement with China- based Dongfeng Motor Parts and Components Group Co., to supply EPS for Dongfeng Motor Group. The 50:50 joint venture is anticipated to start in late 2017, due to pending China regulatory approval.
- December 2017: Nexteer Automotive, started constructing a plant, in Liuzhou, China, in the end of 2017 and expected to complete by October 2018. The plant will produce electric steering system and supply to the growing demand in China as well as other Asia-pacific markets
- Provides latest insights into the automotive EPS Industry.
- Analysis of the competitive landscape in the automotive EPS market
- Analyzes the market scenario with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Forecasts the market value by assessing the impact of the market drivers and constraints.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our Customer Service team, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Enhanced fuel Economy and Various Cost Reduction Advantages
5.2.1. Electric Malfunctions
5.3.1. Increased ADAS features in the vehicles
6. China Automotive EPS Market Segmentation, By Component Type
6.1. Steering Column
6.3. Steering Motor
6.4. Others (Reduction gears, ECU etc)
7. China Automotive EPS Market Segmentation, By Vehicle Type
7.1. Passenger Cars
7.2. Commercial Vehicles
8. Competitive Landscape
8.2. Market Share Analysis
9. Company Profiles
9.1. ATS Automation
9.2. Denso Corporation
9.3. GKN PLC
9.4. Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd.
9.5. Hyundai Mobis
9.6. Infineon Technologies
9.7. JTEKT Corporation
9.8. Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
9.9. Nexteer Automotives
9.10. NSK Ltd.
9.11. Robert Bosch GmbH
9.12. Thyssenkrupp Presta AG
9.13. ZF Friedrichshafen AG
10. Future of the Market
- ATS Automation
- Denso Corporation
- GKN PLC
- Hitachi Automotive Systems Ltd.
- Hyundai Mobis
- Infineon Technologies
- JTEKT Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Nexteer Automotives
- NSK Ltd.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Thyssenkrupp Presta AG
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG