Increasing Incidence of Cancer and Cardiac Ailments
Increasing incidence of cancer and cardiac ailments are the major drivers for the market. Nuclear medicine shows a huge potential in treating cardiac and cancer diseases. According to a survey by National Cancer Institute, the number of new cases of cancer sites was 460 per 100,000 men and woman per year, while the number of deaths was 176 per 100,000 men and women per year. Cardiology applications will continue to demonstrate strong growth in the market.
Other factors, such as increasing SPECT and PET applications and growing public awareness for healthcare are going to drive the market in the future.
Strict Regulatory guidelines
Regulatory requirements pose another hurdle to translational research and clinical investigations. In the United States, all pharmacologic agents, including diagnostic radiopharmaceuticals and radio therapeutics, undergo regulatory oversight by FDA. Radiopharmaceuticals face additional scrutiny and undergo unique regulatory and approval pathways. Sometimes, extensive toxicology testing poses considerable financial burdens for the investigators.
Additionally, reimbursement hurdles for the manufacturer and high capital investment are also restraining the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
The nuclear medicine market is segmented by diagnostics, therapeutics, application, and by geography. By geography, it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
North America is the dominant market for diagnostic radioisotopes. Within North America, the United States is the largest consumer market for radioisotopes, and Canada is the largest producer of Tc-99m.
Key Developments in the Market
- April, 2017: IBA Molecular and Mallinckrodt Nuclear Medicine LLC united to create Curium - a world-class provider in nuclear imaging.
- October, 2017: Switzerland’s Novartis agreed to pay USD 3.9 billion to take over French nuclear medicines business of Advanced Accelerator Applications, aimed to strengthen its cancer treatment activities.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global nuclear medicine market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the industry with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please contact us for more information.
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Market Overview
5.3 Porter’s Five Force Analysis
5.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
5.3.3 Degree of Competition
5.3.4 Threat of Substitution
5.3.5 Threat of New Entrants
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Increasing Incidents of Cancer and Cardiac Ailments
6.1.2 Increasing SPECT and Pet Applications
6.1.3 Growing Public Awareness for Healthcare
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 Short Half Life of Radiopharmaceuticals
6.2.2 High Capital Investment
6.2.3 Strict Regulatory Guidelines
6.3.1 Increasing Imaging Technologies
6.3.2 Potential Radioisotopes in Pipeline
6.3.3 Increasing Neurological Applications
6.3.4 Cyclotron Based Production
6.4.1 Shutdown of Nuclear Reactors
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Diagnostics
7.1.1 SPECT Market
7.2 By Therapeutics
7.2.1 Alpha Emitters
7.2.2 Beta Emitters
7.3 By Application
7.4 By Geography
7.4.1 North America
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe (RoE)
7.4.3 Asia Pacific
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia Pacific
7.4.4 The Middle East & Africa
18.104.22.168 GCC Countries
22.214.171.124 South Africa
126.96.36.199 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7.4.5 South America
188.8.131.52 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
8.3 New Product Launches
9. Key Players
9.2 Lantheus Medical Imaging
9.3 Triad Isotopes
9.4 Siemens Healthineers
9.6 Cambridge Isotope Laboratories Inc.
9.7 Cardinal Health Inc.
9.8 GE Healthcare
9.9 Nordion, Inc.
9.10 Fujifilm Holdings Corporation
10. Future of the Market
- Lantheus Medical Imaging
- Triad Isotopes
- Siemens Healthineers
- Cambridge Isotope Laboratories Inc.
- Cardinal Health Inc.
- Ge Healthcare
- Nordion Inc.
- Fujifilm Holdings Corporation