The global market is witnessing rapid developments in 3D dynamic display aided by improvements in laser holographic and electro holographic technologies. The demand for holographic displays in healthcare applications, such as medical imaging and research, is one of the major factors driving the market. In addition, the rising demand for holographic projections at marketing events, fashion shows, and conferences is expected to help in increasing the rate of market growth during the forecast period.
Advancements in Imaging Technologies
The availability of various types of content and mobile applications has created a need for advanced display technologies, like holographic display, which provide high-performance features with smaller form factors and low energy use. This has increased the R&D activities of the holographic display technology in the consumer electronics sector, and the emergence of several market players in this sector too is influencing the market growth. Owing to this, the holographic technology market is expanding from aerospace & defense to broader commercial segments, like entertainment, and automotive, particularly in the developed countries, whereas, the developing countries are set to witness its introduction phase.
Growing Demand for Touchable Holographic Display to Augment the Growth
Touchable holographic display is being used in commercial applications at several events, as well as marketing and promotional activities. The integration of consumer electronic products with touchable holographic displays is expected to grow during the forecast period, thereby affecting the overall holographic display market. The technology is witnessing a rapid growth rate, and the stipulations are anticipated to match the increase. It is still a novelty and is expected to occupy a significant share with continuous R&D activities and increasing adoption of these sophisticated systems in products, like medical imaging devices, amongst various others.
North America to Have the Largest Share
The increasing applications of the holographic display, especially in the smartphones, would offer tremendous opportunities, considering the smartphone penetration rate in North America. Furthermore, owing to its rising adoption in the entertainment industry, the consumer electronic and commercial segments are adding innovative concepts in order to attract consumers' attention. Advertising is one of the biggest industries in North America. Being the most technologically advanced, these countries encourage digital signage, which occupy a major market share. Growing awareness regarding the benefits that digital signage offers and the increasing demand for commercial displays have created opportunities for holographic displays.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Zebra Imaging Inc. finalized the sale of the firm's 3D holographic imagers and print business to HoloTech Switzerland AG. Zebra's digital print techniques provide precision and accuracy, allowing viewers to see 3D images without cumbersome glasses or viewing aids. Through the purchase of Zebra Imaging's holographic visualization technology, HoloTech has taken a significant leap forward in the art and science of 3D imaging.
- November 2017 - AV Concepts & Rezin8 has announced a new holographic technology. It uses a new application and material setup. As holograms have become popularized not only in the audio-visual field but also in the general business and consumer needs, these new materials are expected to improve the traditional holographic effects process and deployment.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analysis of how the advancements in the imaging market are changing market scenario.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- The technology and end user that are expected to dominate the market.
- The regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Advancements in Imaging Technologies
4.2.2 Rise in Demand for Better Display Technologies
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 High Equipment Cost
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Holographic Display Market Segmentation
5.1 By Technology
5.1.1 Touchable Holographic
5.1.2 Semi-transparent/Electro Holographic
5.1.3 Pistons Holographic
5.1.4 Laser/Plasma Holographic
5.2 By End User
5.2.1 Consumer Electronics
5.2.3 Aerospace & Defense
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Middle East & Africa
5.3.5 Latin America
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Konica Minolta Inc.
6.2 Eon Reality
6.3 Holoxica Limited
6.4 Musion Das Hologram
6.5 Provision Holding Inc.
6.6 Realview Imaging Ltd
6.7 Viewsonic Corporation
6.8 AV Concepts
6.9 Shenzhen Smx Display
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Holographic Display Market