Volatile Raw Material Prices Hampering the Market Growth
Usage of metals as raw materials always involves the risk of its price instability in the metal commodity market. Fluctuations in the global economy, along with influx in exchange rates, make the cost of raw materials volatile. The economy rebounds and fall decides the cost for raw materials fluctuation in the global market. Market speculation usually makes the magnesium price more volatile, which in turn affects the fuel tank industry. For instance, speculators drove the prices up in 2006 through 2008.
Overall, the raw materials price fluctuations pose a serious threat to the growth of automotive fuel tank market, as it puts pressure on the supply side resulting in increased production cost. Shortage of raw material supply and increasing demand from automobile industry would adversely affect the market sentiments.
Asia-Pacific is dominating the market growth
The Asia-Pacific region, despite sluggish growth in the Chinese market, (the largest automobile market in the world), is expected to lead the growth in the automotive fuel tank market. Europe is forecasted to be one of the fastest growing markets in the above 70-liter fuel tank capacity, as all the heavy commercial vehicles feature fuel tanks above 70 liters and their sales are expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- Januray 2018: The Clarity model of 2018,is the latest Honda to use a fuel cell powered by compressed hydrogen
- October 2017: Toyota has announced that Mirai, the auto company’s fuel cell electric vehicles frequently seen refueling at hydrogen stations in California
- January 2018: Hyundai Nexo launched at CES 2018: A fuel cell EV that will be Hyundai’s flagship eco-vehicle
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Study on product type and application expected to dominate the market.
- Study on regions expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phases
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview and Trends
4.2 Market Trends
4.3 Porter’s Five Force Framework
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.3.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1 Increasing Vehicle Production
5.1.2 Rising Demand for Lightweight Components to Fuel the Demand for Plastic Fuel Tanks
5.2.1 Shifting Focus Towards Electric Vehicles
5.2.2 Stringent Evaporative Emission Standards
5.3.1 Carbon Fiber Fuel Tanks
6. Global Automotive Fuel Tank Market Segmentation, By Capacity
6.1 Less Than 45 Liters
6.2 45-70 Liters
6.3 Over 70 Liters
7. Global Automotive Fuel Tank Market Segmentation, By Material Type
8. Global Automotive Fuel Tank Market Segmentation, Segmented By Region
8.1 North America
8.1.1 United States
8.1.3 Rest of North America
8.2.4 Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.1 United Kingdom
8.3.5 Rest of Europe
8.4 Rest of the World
8.4.2 South Africa
9. Competitive Landscape and Introduction
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Developments of Key Players
10. Key Vendor Analysis (Overview, Products & Services, Strategies)
10.1 Magna International Inc
10.2 Plastic Omnium Group
10.3 Ti Automotive
10.4 Unipres Corporation
10.5 Kautex Textron Gmbh
10.6 Yapp Automotive Parts Co Ltd
10.7 Central Precision Limited
10.8 Martinrea International Inc.
10.9 Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd
- Magna International Inc
- Plastic Omnium Group
- Ti Automotive
- Unipres Corporation
- Plas Fuel Sys
- Kautex Textron Gmbh
- Yapp Automotive Parts Co Ltd
- Central Precision Limited
- Martinrea International Inc.
- Yachiyo Industry Co. Ltd.