Naphthalene can be sourced from either coal tar or petroleum. More than 90% of the world’s naphthalene is produced using coal tar because of high naphthalene content of 10%, compared to 2% in petroleum. Naphthalene is mostly used to produce other organic compounds, like phthalic anhydride and naphthalene sulfonates.
Naphthalene Sulphonate Formaldehyde (NSF) Demand Driving the Asia-Pacific Region
China, along with Japan and India, accounts for more than 50% of the market because of rising demand for naphthalene sulphonate formaldehyde (NSF). India has a good potential for the naphthalene market because of rising construction activities, foreign investments, and rapid urbanization.
Construction Industry Dominates the End-User Segments
The naphthalene market, by end-user industry, can be segmented into construction, agrochemical, petrochemical, textile, and others. The construction segment is expected to increase because of growing demand for naphthalene sulfonate-formaldehyde in concrete admixtures. Also, the textile segment is showing potential for growth in the future because of increasing usage as a wetting agent.
Substitutes Hampering the Market Growth
Naphthalene market is facing some challenges. The environmental concerns regarding its usage in pesticides and the growing use of o-xylene, instead of naphthalene, in phthalic anhydride production are factors impeding the growth of the studied market.
Major players: CARBONTECH GROUP, RÜTGERS GROUP, JFE CHEMICAL CORPORATION, EPSILON CARBON, DEZA, A.S, KOPPERS, INC. amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the global naphthalene market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which product type and end-user industry is expected to dominate the market
- Which country is expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing adoptation of NSF in Construction Sector
4.1.2 Growing textile industries in Asia Pacific regions
4.1.3 Other drivers
4.2.1 Toxicity issues of naphthalene products
4.2.2 Other restraints
4.3.1 Stabilizing South American countries economy
4.3.2 Stabilizing Construction Sector in UK
4.3.3 Other Opportunities
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis - (Market size, Growth and forecast)
5.1 By Form
5.2 By End-User
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.6 ASEAN Countries
6.1.7 Rest of APAC
6.2.6 Rest of Europe
6.3 North America
6.3.4 Rest of North America
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Rest of World
6.5.1 Middle East
7. Future of the Market
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
8.2 Market Share Analysis**
8.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
9. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & services, and Recent Developments)
9.1 CarbonTech Group
9.2 Compro Shijiazhuang Fine Chemical Co., Ltd.
9.3 DEZA, a.s
9.4 Epsilon Carbon
9.5 Industrial Química del Nalón, S.A.
9.6 Iwaki Seiyaku Co., Ltd.
9.7 JFE Chemical Corporation
9.8 Koppers, Inc.
9.9 Merck Millipore
9.10 PCC Rokita SA
9.11 Rütgers Group
9.12 Wuxi Kingchan Bio-medical and Chemical Inc.
*List not exhaustive
**Subject to availability on public domain
- CarbonTech Group
- Compro Shijiazhuang Fine Chemical Co. Ltd.
- a. s
- Epsilon Carbon
- Industrial Química del Nalón
- Iwaki Seiyaku Co. Ltd.
- JFE Chemical Corporation
- Koppers Inc.
- Merck Millipore
- PCC Rokita SA
- Rütgers Group
- Wuxi Kingchan Bio-medical and Chemical Inc.