Growing Demand for Comprehensive Interiors
Automotive upholstery plays a vital part of the interiors, both in the line fit and retrofit market, where seats alone accounted for 5% of the vehicle’s cost and 6% of its weight. Car buyers, especially in the Asia-Pacific and Middle East regions are very particular about the interiors of the vehicle. They demand relatively better quality of upholstery than their European counterparts. This trend will propel the growth of the premium upholstery market. In addition, super luxury cars sales across the globe in 2016 has increased to 15.9% on 2015 which has majorly fueled by the United States and followed by UK and China.
The Asia-Pacific region, led by China, Japan, and India, is currently the largest market for automotive upholstery and is expected to lead the growth in the forecast period.
Customization in the Upholstery, Expanded Aftermarket Share
The original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) are expected to register faster growth than the aftermarket but the aftermarket suppliers will see an expansion of the market. Factors such as the greater customization trends, rising mechatronics in automotive upholstery design, and rise in the affordability range from buyers significantly contributed to aftermarket share of about 30% of the automotive upholstery market. The average cost of vehicles is increasing gradually in the Asia-Pacific region and this will boost the market for the original equipment manufacturers.
Key Developments in the Market:
- In 2016: Faurecia’s Cover Carving Techology for automotive seats, has won the Automotive News PACE Award. The technology was successful in cutting the tooling costs by 80% and is 50% lighter when compared to a plastic back panel.
- In 2016: Mercedes-Benz banged first in the global luxury brand sales pushing back BMW and Audi, where the Mercedes-Benz models majorly supplied with standard Tunja fabric for Upholstery.
Reasons to Purchase this Report:
- Latest technology trends adopted by the manufacturers in the automotive upholstery market.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on material type and end markets that are expected to dominate the market.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate Sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Increasing Passenger Car Sales Across The Globe
5.1.2. Improvement And Advancement In Automotive Interior Components
5.2.1. Availability Of Cheap Alternatives
5.3.1. Personalized Interiors Using 3D Printers
6. Global Automotive Upholstery Market Segmentation, By Material Type
7. Global Automotive Upholstery Market Segmentation, By End Markets
8. Global Automotive Lighting Market Segmentation, By Geography
8.1. North America
8.1.1. The United States
8.1.3. Rest of North America
8.2.4. Rest of Asia-Pacific
8.3.2. The United Kingdom
8.3.5. Rest of Europe
8.4. Rest of the World
8.4.3. South Africa
8.4.4. Other Countries
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Market Share Analysis
10. Company Profiles
10.1. CMI Enterprises
10.4. IMS Nonwoven
10.8. The Woodbridge Group
10.9. Toyota Boshoku
10.10. Eagle Ottawa LLC
11. Future of the Market