Growing Demand for Smart Phones and Connected Devices
Mobile networks are being developed to respond to growing broadband usage. Mobile data services are well on their way to becoming a necessary requirement for network consumers. Backhaul service portfolio gives operators direct access to innovation and quality. The benefits of backhaul services are the ability, accessibility, and increasing speed of data for smartphone users. Globally, significant rise in the use of connected devices, owing to high adoption of IoT, is expected to drive the market for mobile backhaul. Mobile data traffic is expected to increase rapidly during the forecast period. Around 40% of the mobile data traffic is expected to originate from the residential and domestic use, and 25% from businesses and corporate environments.
IT & Telecommunication Segment to Account for a Significant Share of the Market
Globally, mobile data consumption continues to grow at a rapid pace, which is primarily driven by the growth in the number of smartphones and tablets. This has resulted in the introduction of LTE mobile technologies, known as 4G and eventually 5G cellular networks. The additional capacity and speed provided by 4G/LTE networks result in increasing strain on mobile backhaul networks. It also puts additional pressure on the carriers providing backhaul services. It is important for mobile network operators to deploy efficient and cost-effective transport solutions to manage the growth of mobile data traffic.
Asia-Pacific Occupied Major Market Share
The increased penetration of smartphones and the rise in data traffic are contributing to market growth. There is a high demand for mobile backhaul in China, which is one of the major reasons for this region to have a large share in the market. Major initiatives in these emerging economies are likely to increase investments in mobile backhaul solutions as there is a huge demand for managing old infrastructure and assets.
Key Developments in the Market
- November 2016 - Nokia completed the acquisition of Alcatel-Lucent to eliminate the complexity and costs of running two separate public companies. The deal was closed at USD 16.6 billion. The combined company is expected to become one of the world’s largest telecom equipment manufacturers, with operations spreading across Asia, Europe, and North America.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Impact of LTE on Mobile Backhaul.
- Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth across various end users, such as telecommunications & IT, military & defense
- Regional analysis of the market.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.2.1 Growing Demand for Smart Phones and Connected Devices
4.2.2 Increased Strain on Network Operators
4.2.3 Improving the Speed of Data Access, Reduced Latency
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.3.1 Cost of Implementation of Backhauling Procedures
4.3.2 Poor Quality of Services (QoS)
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Global Mobile Backhaul Market Segmentation
5.1 By Deployment
5.2 By Network Topology
5.2.1 Point to Point Network (PTP)
5.2.2 Point to Multipoint Network (PMP)
5.3 By Services
5.3.1 Network Services
5.3.2 System Integration Services
5.3.3 Professional Services
5.4 By End User
5.4.1 Oil & Gas
5.4.2 Telecommunications & IT
5.4.4 Military & Defense
5.4.5 Education & Research
5.5 By Geography
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 Latin America
5.5.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
6.1 Ericsson AB
6.2 NEC Corporation
6.3 Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd
6.4 Dragon Wave Corporation
6.5 Bridge Wave Communications, Inc.
6.6 Aviat Networks Inc.
6.7 Ceragon Networks Ltd
6.8 Nokia Networks, Inc.
6.9 Fujitsu Ltd
6.10 Cisco System Inc.
6.11 AT&T Inc.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Future of the Mobile Backhaul Market
- NEC Corporation
- Alcatel-Lucent Enterprise
- Dragon Wave Corporation
- Bridge Wave Communications
- Aviat Networks Corporation
- Ceragon Networks Ltd
- Nokia Networks
- Cisco System Inc.