Increasing Demand for Healthcare Diagnostics is Driving the Growth of the Market
The healthcare industry has been one of the primary industries to employ X-rays. Earlier in 1896, X-rays were used as a diagnostic tool and remain one of the main diagnostic tools. In 2016, the global medical imaging market was valued at 26.7 billion, with X-ray machines occupying the majority market share. An increase in the number of medical illness cases is one of the primary factors driving the growth of X-ray machines. In addition, an increase in the number of fatal accidents globally, is also driving the demand for X-ray machines and other diagnostic terminals using X-ray tubes. It has been estimated that around 40 million people are injured in accidental road crashes, globally. The medical industry relies heavily on the diagnostics, to address the injury and treat the patient. In addition, the number of medical cases, which require X-ray diagnostics, is increasing at a rapid pace. With the increase in medical imaging equipment usage, the investment in X-ray-related applications is growing lucratively. Thus, this factor is fueling the demand for diagnostic equipment and driving the growth of the X-ray tubes market.
Manufacturing Segment dominating the Market Landscape
The manufacturing industry is one of the leading end-user industries for X-ray tubes. In the last 20 years, X-ray applications for industrial and manufacturing was dominated by conventional technologies. With the advancements in technology, the industry developed towards higher energies (450kV) and recognized advances for voltage stability and better visualization concepts. Also, there was no breakthrough innovation in X-ray generation methods. Applications were designed around existing X-ray tubes. Digital technologies are taking over, and as a trend, it is replacing the conventional technologies. X-ray sources, such as X-ray tube. This trend has contributed to significant productivity gains, which are achieved by digital imaging technologies. New X-ray tubes and generator technologies are gaining applications, and the market is expected to grow lucratively during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate the Market
North America is the largest market for X-ray tubes. Latest technological breakthroughs have assisted the advancement of new X-ray tubes that can make the overall processes more efficient and can significantly improve accuracy in various applications. In North America, a series of new product launches, and mergers and acquisitions has been witnessed. The major driver behind these investments has been the continuous evolution and application of new technologies to unlock enormous volumes that were previously considered non-commercial. With these series of investments, non-destructive testing, security and electro medical imaging applications, North America is set to achieve remarkable changes in the market during the forecast period.
Key Developments in the Market
- June 2017 - Siemens Healthcare GmbH, a medical technology company, acquired Medicalis Corp., a provider of radiology workflow technology solutions to professional radiology groups, imaging centers, hospitals, and at-risk entities. The transaction enables Siemens to extend its strategy for value-based healthcare, by helping to optimize, both, utilization and departmental clinical workflow.
- May 2017 - Siemens Healthcare GmbH and Imricor Medical Systems Inc., a medical devices company, entered into an agreement to develop an integrated solution that combines the clinical benefits of real-time MRI scans with 3D-guided cardiac ablation. This agreement enables Siemens Healthcare and Imricor Medical to develop an integrated solution for treating arrhythmia and increase the precision and improve treatment outcomes.
- May 2017 - Hitachi partnered with Aso, in order to offer the hospital management improvement support service, which is a consulting service for various medical institutions.
- April 2017 - Toshiba Medical Systems Corporation’s next generation MRI system named Vantage Galan 3T has been installed in the science and technology park named CAIRS at John Hopkins.
- March 2017 - Koninklijke Philips entered into a fifteen-year agreement with Phoenix Children's Hospital, to redefine imaging, patient monitoring, and clinical informatics in pediatric care.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Technological Advancements changing the market scenario for X-ray Tubes
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The vertical expected to dominate the market
- The regions expected to witness the fastest growth rates during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Applications of X-Ray Tube Technologies
3.2.1 Non-destructive Testing
3.2.2 Security Applications
3.2.3 Electro-Medical Imaging
3.2.4 Production Inspection Systems
3.2.5 Metal Thickness Gauging
3.2.6 Metallurgical Applications
3.2.7 Laboratories Analytics Instruments
3.2.8 Research & Developments
3.3 Factors Driving the Market
3.4 Factors Restraining the Market
3.5 Technology Snapshot
3.6 Industry Attractiveness – Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
4. Global X-Ray Tube Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Rotating Anode Tube
4.1.2 Microfocus X-Ray Tubes
4.2 By Vertical
4.2.3 Food Industry
4.2.4 Aerospace & Defense Industry
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
4.3.4 Rest of the World
5. Competitive Intelligence – Company Profiles
5.1 Siemens AG
5.2 Toshiba Electron Tubes & Devices Co Ltd
5.3 Hitachi Ltd
5.4 Koninklijke Philips NV
5.5 General Electric
5.6 Shimadzu Corporation
5.7 Oxford Instruments PLC
5.8 Brand X-Ray Co. Inc.
5.9 Panalytical Inc.
5.10 Lafco India Scientific Industries
5.11 Comet Holding AG
6. Investment Analysis
7. Future of the Market
- Siemens AG
- ToshIBA Electron Tubes & Devices Co Ltd.
- Hitachi Ltd
- Koninklijke Philips N.V
- General Electric
- Shimadzu Corporation
- Oxford Instruments PLC
- Brand X-Ray Co. Inc.
- Panalytical Inc
- Lafco India Scientific Industries
- Comet Holding AG