Accelerating Use in Medical Technology
Microspheres are endowed with properties, such as chemical resistance, heat resistance, enhanced processing, thermal stability, size, and ability to deliver active materials. Owing to such properties, microspheres are used in the medical industry to manufacture medical devices, in various treatments, like arthritis, tissue engineering, drug delivery, cancer therapies, tissue fillers, injectable biomaterials, etc. Continuous progression in medical device manufacturing and growing R&D activities in the field of biomedicine are expected to drive the market for microspheres through the forecast period.
Polymer - The Fastest Growing Raw Material Through 2023
Polymer microspheres are widely employed for medical applications, out of which polyethylene, polystyrene, and expandable microspheres are the common types. Besides medical application, polymer microspheres also find application in the automotive industry in the coatings application, and in the plastic industry in injection molding application. Continuous growth in the medical and automotive industries is expected to drive the polymer segment in the market through the forecast period.
Increasing Application of Composites in the Building and Construction Industries
Building and construction industries dominated the Europe microsphere market, due to the vast usage of microspheres in composites where they are used as fillers. In Europe, Germany, which has the largest construction sector and achieved a 5% revenue growth through 2017. As per industry experts, the demand for new houses is estimated to be around 350,000 per year, until 2020, which is expected to boost the microsphere market in the country in this sector. Furthermore, France is the second largest country in Europe in the construction segment and the sector is expected to grow during the forecast period with increasing number of rail and road infrastructure projects in the country.
Germany to Dominate the Market Growth Through 2023
Germany ranks at the top in the field of medical technology, automotive, and construction in Europe. The country’s economic and innovation policy focuses on digital infrastructure, digital economy, digital workplaces, innovative public administration, and digital environments in various sectors, like society, education, research, science, culture & media, and security, providing opportunities for the microsphere market.
Key Developments in the Market
- July 2017: AkzoNobel's specialty chemicals business invested more than EUR 20 million to increase production for its expandable microspheres in order to meet growing global demand for the product
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyze various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Identify the type, raw material, and end-user industry that are expected to dominate the market.
- Know about the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Advancements in Medical Science & Technology
4.1.2 Increasing Demand from the Construction Sector
4.1.3 Recyclability and Reusability
4.2.1 Fluctuating Prices of Raw Materials
4.2.2 Huge Investments in R&D are required
4.2.3 High Production Costs
4.3.1 Growing Demand for Microspheres in Cancer Treatments Drugs
4.3.2 Expansion of End-user Industries into New and Emerging Markets
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Raw Material
5.2.4 Fly ash
5.3 By Application
5.3.4 Oil & gas
5.3.5 Paints & Coatings
5.3.6 Medical Technology
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 United Kingdom
6.1.7 Nordic Countries
6.1.8 Rest of Europe
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.2 Akzo Nobel (Expancel)
8.3 Aveka Manufacturing Inc.
8.4 Bangs Laboratories Inc.
8.5 Celonova Biosciences Inc.
8.6 Chase Corp.
8.7 Cospheric LLC
8.8 Evonik Industries AG
8.9 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
8.10 Induchem AG
8.11 Luminex Corp.
8.12 Matsumoto Yushi-Seiyaku Co. Ltd
8.13 Merit Medical Systems Inc.
8.14 MO SCI Corp.
8.15 Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
8.16 Nanjing Jianzun Glass Microsphere Plant Co. Ltd.
8.18 Potters Industries LLC
8.19 Sirtex Medical Inc.
8.20 Sunjin Beauty Science
8.21 Swarco AG
8.22 Trelleborg AB
8.23 Sigmund Linder GMBH
8.24 Malayan Adhesives & Chemicals SDN BHD
8.25 Polysciences, Inc.
8.26 EPRUI Nanoparticles & Microspheres Co. Ltd.
8.27 Sinosteel Maanshan New Material Technology Co. Ltd.
*list not exhaustive
**Subject to Availability on Public Domain
- Akzo Nobel Expancel
- Aveka Manufacturing Inc.
- Bangs Laboratories Inc.
- Celonova Biosciences Inc.
- Chase Corp.
- Cospheric LLC
- Evonik Industries AG
- Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
- Induchem AG
- Luminex Corp.
- Matsumoto Yushi-Seiyaku Co. Ltd
- Merit Medical Systems Inc.
- MO SCI Corp.
- Momentive Performance Materials Inc.
- Nanjing Jianzun Glass Microsphere Plant Co. Ltd.
- Potters Industries LLC
- Sirtex Medical Inc.
- Sunjin Beauty Science
- Swarco AG
- Trelleborg AB
- Sigmund Linder GMBH
- Malayan Adhesives & Chemicals SDN BHD
- Polysciences Inc.
- EPRUI Nanoparticles & Microspheres Co. Ltd.
- Sinosteel Maanshan New Material Technology Co. Ltd.