Increasing Demand for Specialty Chemicals in Mining Process
Specialty chemicals are used in almost all the steps in the mining process. The mining industry has witnessed shifts in its production techniques, from tunneling to open pit mining, which has made it possible to mine ores of declining grades, and decrease the overall costs. In addition, specialty chemicals are also used in the later stages of production chain, like smelting, refining, manufacturing, and commodity trading.
Flotation Chemicals - the fastest-growing segment by function
Collectors dominated the flotation chemicals segment in 2017, while dispersants are expected to register the fastest growth through 2023. However, certain factors, such as logistics and transportation costs of flotation chemicals and stringent regulatory policies, are expected to adversely affect the profitability margins of the players in the market.
China to Dominate the Market in the Region through 2023
China holds the majority share of the Asia-Pacific mining chemical industry. The Chinese mining industry has more than 10,000 mines, the majority share is held by the state. It is world’s largest producer of gold, coal, and other earth minerals. Moreover, it is also a leading consumer of mining products. In addition to the existing wastewater treatment plants, there are ongoing advances, such as expansion of existing wastewater sewage treatment plants and establishment of new sewage treatment plants. Mining chemicals are largely used in the mining industry for recovering minerals from the slurry, separation of impurities, purification of certain minerals, and many other applications.
Key Developments in the Market
- April 2017: BASF to increase prices for flocculants for the mining industry worldwide.
- March 2017: Dow launched Sustainable Natural Solution to address mine-impacted water.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future Asia-Pacific mining chemical market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Study Deliverables
1.3 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Growing demand for explosives and specialty chemicals
4.1.2 Increasing demand for eco-friendly and sustainable chemicals
4.1.3 Increasing mining activities
4.1.4 Increasing exploitation of low quality ores.
4.2.1 Stringent environmental regulations
4.2.2 High logistics cost
4.3.1 Use in Exploration & analysis
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
5.1 By Function
5.1.1 Flotation Reagents
5.1.2 Extraction Chemicals
5.1.5 pH adjuster
5.1.6 Grinding Aids
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Blasting & drilling
5.2.2 Mineral Processing
5.2.3 Water & waste treatment
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market size, growth and forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.9 Australia & New Zealand
6.1.10 Rest of APAC
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles (Overview, Financials**, Products & Services, and Recent Developments)
8.5 Beijing Hengju
8.6 FMC Corp.
8.10 Dyno Nobel
8.12 Kemira Oyj
8.13 Nalco Company
8.14 Orica Limited
8.15 Qingdao Ruchang Trading
8.16 Quaker Chemicals
8.19 SNF Flomin
8.20 Nasaco International
8.23 Exxon Mobil
8.24 Celanese AG
**Subject to Availability on public Domain
- Beijing Hengju
- FMC Corp.
- Dyno Nobel
- Kemira Oyj
- Nalco Company
- Orica Limited
- Qingdao Ruchang Trading
- Quaker Chemicals
- SNF Flomin
- Nasaco International
- Exxon Mobil
- Celanese AG