Services contributed (79.2%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and construction (19.7%). In nominal terms, the overall GVA is expected to grow at a robust pace of 4.8% and 4.4% in 2018 and 2019 respectively.
New York (55), Texas (54), California (53) and Illinois (34) have most of Fortune 500 companies when compared with other states.
- Manufacturing, followed by finance and insurance, attracted the most FDI in 2016. FDI inflow jumped 12.3 % in 2016 on account of favorable government policies
- The United States ranks tenth as per World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2016. Trump’s new US$1.0 tn investment plan is expected to boost the country’s infrastructure
- Trump’s new US$1.0 tn investment plan is spread across various infrastructure projects ranging from ports, rails, air connectivity and roads. The fund is expected to boost government spending and help ailing infrastructure of the country.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
List of Exhibits
Exhibit 1: United State’s performance in country risk analysis in comparison to Developed Americas and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: S&P 500 index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 13: Total Value of Pharmaceutical Products Export as % of World Export, 2016
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Median wages, 2014-17
Exhibit 20: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in the US 2018
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions