Eastern China accounts for more provincial GDP than Western China. Beijing, Shanghai, Jiangsu and Guangdong are the key provinces of Eastern China. Sea connectivity has boosted manufacturing in these provinces.
Services contributed 50.4% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities (34.1%). In nominal terms, overall GVA is anticipated to grow at an average pace of 9.2% in 2018 and 2019.
- China ranked 34th out of 136 nations in MLCRI Q3 2017. This places it in the low-risk nations band (between 30 and 40).
- Manufacturing and real estate attract the most FDI inflow in China. FDI inflows have slowed as macroeconomic risk rises.
- China continues to spend on infrastructure as investments in roads and connectivity continues to increase. However, the pace of infrastructure spending is set decelerate as industrial overcapacity takes hold and a crackdown on local government debt is implemented.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: China’s performance in country risk analysis in comparison to Americas and the world
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4:SSE 100 index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI inflows, inflows by country and FDI by sector’s share (2016)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 13: Total Value of nuclear reactors, boilers and mechanical appliance export as % of World Export, 2016
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Average yearly wages, 2012-16
Exhibit 20: Total wage bill
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in China 2018
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions 36