Stockholm, Norra Sverige and Sydsverige contribute 59% to the country’s GDP and comprise 55% of the Sweden’s population
Services contributed 72.7% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by the mining, construction and manufacturing (26.0%) and agriculture sectors (1.3%). These sectors are expected to grow at a CAGR of 3.8%, 4.0% and 3.5% from 2017-19.
- Low risk and favorable business environment drove the inward FDI inflows in 2016
- As per the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI), transport and logistics infrastructure in Sweden improved its rank from 6th in 2014 to 3rd in 2016 out of 160 countries
- Until 2030, the country is expected to spend €64 bn ($70.8 bn) on railways, roads and other major projects, as well as build 700,000 new homes and offices that will create opportunities for contractors in Europe and beyond.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Sweden’s Performance in Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Developed Europe & Middle East and The World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: OMX Stockholm 30 Index (OMX30)
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to The Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflow (2012-2016), Inward FDI by Country (2016) and FDI by Sector (2016)
Exhibit 7: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 8: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 9: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 10: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 11: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 12: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2014-2016
Exhibit 13: Commodity Exports, % of total exports, 2013-2016
Exhibit 14: Interest Rates
Exhibit 15: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 16: Public Finance
Exhibit 17: General Government Debt
Exhibit 18: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 19: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 20: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 21: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 22: Age-group Share of Total Population
Exhibit 23: Gender Split
Exhibit 24: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 25: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 26: High-technology exports (% of manufactured exports)
Exhibit 27: Doing Business in Sweden 2018
Exhibit 28: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 29: CO2 Emissions 36