Nordrhein-Westfalen Region, Bayern Region and Baden-Württemberg Region are among the best performing regions in Germany. They contributed 54.7% to the GDP and comprised 50.6% of the German population, as in 2016
Germany retained its top spot out of 160 nations in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2018
Europe continues to be the leading investor in Germany with FDI share of 86.8% in 2016, followed by America and Asia with FDI share of 9.7% and 2.1%, respectively
The Budget of 2018 aims to invest EUR14.1 bn (US$16.4 bn) in transport infrastructure
- Mining, manufacturing and utilities contributed 26.1% to the gross value added (GVA) in 2017, followed by financial intermediation, real estate and business activities (25.3%), and wholesale, retail and hotels (11.6%).
- In nominal terms, the three sectors are expected to grow by 3.4%, 2.4% and 4.8%, respectively, in 2018.
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did You Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Germany’S Performance In Country Risk Analysis In Comparison To Western Europe And The World Average
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories And Weights Behind The Index
Exhibit 4: Germany Dax 30 Stock Market Index
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution To The Economy
Exhibit 6: Fdi Inflow And Outflow (2014-2017), And Share Of Fdi Inflow By Sectors (2017)
Exhibit 7: Investment By Region And Country (2017)
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real Gdp And Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real Gdp Growth Rate Comparison (2017)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import And Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % Of Total Exports, 2014-2017
Exhibit 14: Vehicles, % Of World Total, 2017
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: Average Annual Wages
Exhibit 21: Labour Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share In Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-Group Share Of Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender Split
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % Of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate And Broadband Penetration Rate, 2017
Exhibit 26: Number Of Patents Granted Per Mn Population, 2018
Exhibit 27: High-Technology Exports (% Of Manufactured Exports)
Exhibit 28: Doing Business In Germany 2019
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2017
Exhibit 30: Co2 Emissions