Nordrhein-Westfalen Region, Bayern Region and Baden-Württemberg Region are among the best performing regions in Germany. They contribute 54.7% to the GDP and comprises 50.6% of the German population
Services contributed (68.9%) to the gross value added (GVA) in 2016, followed by manufacturing, mining and utilities (25.7%). In nominal terms, the two sectors are expected to grow at a robust pace of 3% and 2.3% respectively in 2017
- Germany ranked 10th out of 136 nations in the MLCRI Q3 2017. The country’s score is in the very low risk nations band (below 30)
- The government has earmarked US$16.4 bn for the development of infrastructure in 2017, an increase of 10% over the last year. In March 2016, the government announced plan to spend EUR264 bn (US$278 bn) on the construction of roads and railways by 2030.
- Germany remained at number one spot in the World Bank's logistics performance index (LPI) in 2016
- Macroeconomic Outlook Report identifies the potentials of the country as an investment destination by analyzing the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental (PESTLE) structure.
- PESTLE Insights provides 360 degree view of the economy which can be used as a strategic tool to understand the market dynamics, business potentials and direction of operations
- Along with providing the country’s snapshot, the report captures the risk factors pertaining to the macroeconomic risks, political environment, legal environment, demographic and social structure effectiveness, technology & infrastructure and natural and geographic aspects that might impact business.
- This report also highlights key clusters/cities which contribute significantly to the country GDP and population along with major companies’ presence in these areas.
Did you Know?
List of Figures
Exhibit 1: Germany's Performance In Country Risk Analysis in Comparison to Developed Europe & Middle East and the World
Exhibit 2: Performance Overview (Score: 1-100)
Exhibit 3: Broad Categories and Weights behind the Index
Exhibit 4: Germany Stock Index (Dax (^Gdaxi))
Exhibit 5: Key Sectors Contribution to the Economy
Exhibit 6: FDI Inflows, Greenfield Investments and FDI by Sector’s Share (2016)
Exhibit 7: Investment by Region and Country, 2016
Exhibit 8: Key Infrastructure Indicators
Exhibit 9: Real GDP and Household Consumption Growth Rate
Exhibit 10: Real GDP Growth Rate Comparison (2016)
Exhibit 11: Export, Import and Trade Balance
Exhibit 12: Current Account Balance
Exhibit 13: Top Three Commodity Exports, % of Total Exports, 2012-2016
Exhibit 14: Total Value of Pharmaceutical Products Export as % of World Export, 2016
Exhibit 15: Interest Rates
Exhibit 16: Exchange Rate
Exhibit 17: Public Finance
Exhibit 18: General Government Debt
Exhibit 19: Employment/Unemployment
Exhibit 20: - Average Annual Wages, 2012-16
Exhibit 21: Labor Cost Index
Exhibit 22: Rural/Urban Share in Total Population
Exhibit 23: Age-group Wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 24: Gender-wise Share in Total Population
Exhibit 25: Internet Users % of Total Population, Mobile Penetration Rate and Broadband Penetration Rate, 2016
Exhibit 26: Number of Patents Granted Per M Inhabitants, 2015
Exhibit 27: Business R&D Expenditure (% of total expenditure), 2015
Exhibit 28: Doing Business in Germany 2018
Exhibit 29: Corruption Perception Index (Rankings) 2016
Exhibit 30: CO2 Emissions 37