This outlook considers the growth potential of hardware, software, connectivity, and services, and of primary verticals in the Mexican IoT market. The base year is 2016 and the forecast period is from 2017 to 2022. For the purposes of this research, Industrial IoT refers to the use of IoT technologies in industry, automotive, finance, utilities, and other verticals.
Consumer IoT, including consumer wearables, phones, TVs, appliances, home monitoring, and home automation, are not included. Primary research included extensive interviews with CEOs, vice presidents, directors, and other executives.
A bottom-up analysis of the verticals included in the study was based on information in the publisher knowledge base, a modeled analysis of the impacts of various drivers and restraints over the forecast period across Mexico, and modeled demand analysis. These data triangulation and market breakdown procedures were used to complete the overall Market Engineering process and to arrive at the exact statistics for all segments.
Mexican Industrial IoT market revenue is expected to increase from $1.13 billion in 2016 to $3.96 billion by 2022, at a compound annual growth rate of 23.2%. Some of the main drivers for IoT growth are the migration from IPv4 to IPv6 and from 4G/LTE to 5G to provide future addresses and bandwidth for IoT.
5G will increase network capacity nearly ten-fold, with data speeds greater than 1 Gbps and near-zero latency and IPv6, the latest Internet protocol, can assign 100 unique IP addresses to every atom on the surface of the earth.
Additionally, average selling price for sensors is projected to decline with prices falling at twice the rate of the previous 5 years. The Mexican industrial IoT market ecosystem comprises vendors, integrators, and service providers offering IoT wireless or fixed two-way communication technologies.
The study presents business cases and market drivers and restraints through 2022. It provides insights regarding growth opportunities and emerging trends that will affect market participants over the forecast period.
Key Issues Addressed:
- Is the market growing, how long will it continue to grow, and at what rate?
- Which are the key verticals in this market? Which will grow the fastest by 2022?
- How will the revenue shares of the hardware, software, services, and connectivity segments change?
- In what stage are organizations in Latin America in evaluating or deploying IoT solutions?
- What are Latin American organizations' top 3 concerns in regard to the IoT?
- What are the top 3 drivers for IoT investments?
1. Executive Dashboard
- Executive Dashboard
- Purpose of this Experiential Study
- 5-Step Process to Transformational Growth
- Strategic Imperatives for IoT Market Participants
2. Growth Environment-Market Overview
- Growth Environment-Market Overview
- Stakeholders in the IoT Ecosystem
- Market Definitions
- Research Scope-Vertical Segmentation
- IoT Ecosystem
- Drivers and Restraints
- Drivers Explained
- Restraints Explained
3. Market Forecasts
- Market Forecasts
- Forecast Considerations
- Revenue Forecast
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast by Segment
- Revenue Forecast Discussion
- Percent Revenue Forecast by Vertical
- Revenue Forecast by Vertical
- Vertical Distribution Matrix
- Revenue Forecast by Vertical Discussion
4. Market Trends
- Market Trends
- Nexus of Cloud Delivery, Ubiquitous Connectivity, Big Data Analytics, and the IoT is Transforming Industries
- Future of Latin American Digital Transformation Markets
5. Project Examples in Mexico-Case Studies
- Project Examples in Mexico-Case Studies
- Case Study 1-IoT Solution for Visibility and Productivity Gains in Mexican Plant
- Case Study 2-Livestock Management in Mexico
- Case Study 3-Precision Agriculture in Mexico
6. Visioning Scenarios
- Visioning Scenarios
- Macro to Micro Visioning
- Trends/Factors Impacting the Mexican Industrial IoT Market
- Top Predictions for the Mexican Industrial IoT Market
7. Growth Pipeline
- Growth Pipeline
- Levers for Growth
8. Vision and Strategy-Growth Opportunities
- Vision and Strategy-Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 1-Vertical Integration: Automotive
- Growth Opportunity 2-Vertical Integration: Industry
- Growth Opportunity 3-Vertical Integration: Utilities
- Growth Opportunity 4-Vertical Integration: Finance
- Growth Opportunity 5-Vertical Integration: Other Verticals: Healthcare
9. Brand and Demand-Growth Opportunities
- Brand and Demand-Growth Opportunities
- Growth Opportunity 6-Return on IoT
10. Growth Opportunities Matrix
- Growth Opportunities Matrix
- Identifying Your Company’s Growth Zone
- Legal Disclaimer
- List of Exhibits