THE COMPREHENSIVE GUIDE FOR LARGE TURBO–GENERATOR OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE
The Handbook of Large Turbo–Generator Operation and Maintenance is an expanded 3rd edition covering additional topics on generators and provides more depth on existing topics. It is the ultimate resource for operators and inspectors of large utility and industrial generating facilities who deal with multiple units of disparate size, origin, and vintage. The book is also an excellent learning tool for students, consulting and design engineers. It offers the complete scope of information regarding operation and maintenance of all types of turbine–driven generators found in the world.
Based on the authors′ over eighty combined years of generating station and design work experience, the information presented in the book is designed to inform the reader about actual machine operational problems and failure modes that occur in generating stations and other types of facilities. Readers will find very detailed coverage of:
- Design and construction of generators and auxiliary systems
- Generator operation and control, including interaction with the grid
- Monitoring, diagnostics, and protection of turbo–generators
- Inspection practices for the stator, rotor, and auxiliary systems
- Maintenance testing, including electrical and nondestructive examination
- Ideas on maintenance strategies and life cycle management
- Additional topics on uprating of generators and long term storage are also included
The Handbook of Large Turbo–Generator Operation and Maintenance comes packed with photos and graphs, commonly used inspection forms, and extensive references for each topic. It is an indispensable reference for anyone involved in the design, construction, operation, protection, maintenance, and troubleshooting of large generators in generating stations and industrial power facilities.