Procurement research report on the chlorine market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to procurement analysts, chlorine is used to manufacture pharmaceutical products that are used in the treatment of medical conditions such as high cholesterol, cancer, diabetes, stomach ulcers, depression, anemia, and high blood pressure. It is estimated that 80%-85% of the pharmaceutical industry across the globe uses chlorine in their production processes. As a result, the growth of the global pharmaceutical market will increase the demand for chlorine, which, in turn, will drive the global chlorine market.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to procure chemicals from suppliers that facilitate the shipment of chlorine in gaseous form. Additionally, they should procure from suppliers that facilitate the shipment of chlorine in gaseous form, as dry chlorine is not corrosive whereas wet chlorine can react with moisture in the air and is corrosive. Also, it reduces the volume that needs to be transported due to the removal of water content in it. Furthermore, the procurement of chlorine in gaseous form helps buyers in reducing the chance of spills, which, in turn, leads to savings in transportation costs.
Solutions can be categorized into:
- Electronic grade (99.99%)
- Ultra-high purity grade (99.90%)
- Chemically pure grade (99.50%)
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Global Chlorine Production Hubs
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients/Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- PPG Industries
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Chlorine - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: BASF, Praxair, PPG Industries, Olin, AkzoNobel.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to procure chemicals from suppliers that facilitate the shipment of chlorine in gaseous form.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the Global Chlorine Market is the rising focus on water treatment across the globe.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge faced by buyers is the difficulty in selecting an appropriate concentration of chlorine.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.