Procurement research report on the sheet metal market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to the procurement analysts, the boom in the manufacturing sector in developing economies such as China, India, Taiwan, and the Philippines will drive the demand for sheet metal across the globe. Sheet metal offers great flexibility and strength, which makes it ideal for the development of a wide variety of products in the manufacturing end-user industries.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to perform an exhaustive analysis of supplier's capacity to handle the rapid surge in demand. It has been observed that many buyers whose product's demand is impacted by the performance of the economy often experience a rapid surge in the demand for their products.
For instance, the demand for automobiles is often impacted strongly by the performance of the underlying economy. Therefore, buyers must perform a comprehensive analysis of supplier's ability to handle the surge in demand, especially when the term of the contract is long (long-term contracts are more vulnerable to unexpected surges in demand relative to short-term contracts). Additionally, buyers can evaluate the surge handling capacity of the supplier by inspecting supplier's facility and checking for the possibility of additional shifts, underutilized or unutilized machinery, and technological capabilities of suppliers.
Solutions can be categorized into:
- Building & Construction
- Heavy Machinery
- Agricultural Machinery
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients and Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- United States Steel
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Sheet Metal - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: BlueScope, NCI, Nucor, United States Steel, and Alcoa.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to perform an exhaustive analysis of supplier's capacity to handle the rapid surge in demand.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the global sheet metal market is the boom in the manufacturing sector in developing economies such as China, India, Taiwan, and the Philippines.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge experienced by the buyers is the difficulty faced while selecting the right grade of sheet metal.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.