Procurement research report on the HDPE market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to procurement analysts, buyers in developed markets such as North America, APAC, and Europe, are increasingly moving toward the use of HDPE across different industries such as food packaging, construction, and automobiles due to physical properties such as high density, water resistance, and flexibility. In addition, there is a high demand for HDPE across APAC, with China and India mainly contributing to the demand for HDPE across the growing domestic construction and packaging industries.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to include yearly renewal terms as a part of long-term contracts with HDPE suppliers. This renewal term allows the buyers to negotiate procurement-related costs based on annual events in the industry, thereby having an impact on the HDPE supplier. For instance, increase in competition, the decline in raw material prices, and fluctuations in demand-supply can increase the negotiating opportunity for the buyers.
Solutions can be categorized into:
- Plastic (bags, bottles, lumber)
- Food storage containers (household and kitchenware)
- Fuel tanks for vehicles
- Pipes (chemical resistant piping, natural gas distribution pipes, general water pipes, insulators)
- Food wrapping material
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Global (Category) Production Hubs
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global HDPE - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: Sinopec, PetroChina, ExxonMobil, BASF, DowDuPont.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to include yearly renewal terms as a part of long-term contracts with HDPE suppliers.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the global HDPE market is the increasing use of HDPE pipes for potable water systems.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge faced by buyers is the supply chain security risk.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.