Procurement research report on the industrial lead-acid battery market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
According to procurement analysts, the growth of the lead-acid battery market is mainly due to the increasing number of vehicles sales across the globe. Automotive manufacturers are one of the key end-users of batteries, including lead-acid, lithium ion, and nickel-cadmium batteries. Lead-acid batteries (such as SLI batteries) are used in vehicles to provide electrical energy for starting the engine. They are also used for supplying extra power required by vehicles for operating their electrical requirements in case it exceeds the supply capacity of the charging systems.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to perform battery degradation analysis. The residual capacity and service life of lead-acid batteries are affected by a variety of factors such as battery structure, depth of previous discharge, environmental temperature, self-discharge of batteries, charging method, discharge current, and end of discharge voltage. Therefore, to ensure optimum performance of the procured and deployed battery setups, buyers in the industry should perform degradation analysis using techniques such as fault tree analysis. Performance of degradation analysis for lead-acid batteries will aid buyers in evaluating the safety and reliability of lead-acid batteries. It will also assist buyers in understanding the usage scenarios leading to accelerated degradation.
Solutions can be categorized into:
- Machinery and equipment
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients and Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- Johnson Controls International
- GS Yuasa
- Furukawa Electric
- Exide Technologies
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Industrial Lead-Acid Battery - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: Johnson Controls International, GS Yuasa, Enersys, Furukawa Electric, Exide Technologies.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to perform a battery degradation analysis.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the - Global Industrial Lead-Acid Battery market is the upcoming green telecom projects.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge experienced by the buyers is the complexity of storage and transportation of lead-acid batteries.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.