Procurement research report on the battery market provides procurement professionals with up-to-date information about market shifts and potential risks, as well as in-depth knowledge of products and services. This report provides a detailed analysis of the supply market, procurement challenges, and procurement best practices which can help in planning and executing category management activities. It also focuses on the cost-saving aspects of procurement and on providing insights that can lead to optimization of category spend.
Covered in this report
Batteries are widely used for purposes such as energy storage, powering electronics, and as a source of power back-up in industries such as oil and gas, railways, mining, automotive, manufacturing, healthcare, education, retail, and pharmaceutical. They can also be coupled with devices such as inverters and solar panels and used to store electrical energy for later on-demand use.
According to procurement analysts, the use of electric power in vehicles is increasing due to the production of new hybrid and electric vehicles from OEMs across the globe. Also, government initiatives (such as subsidies for electric vehicles in countries such as the US, Japan, and China) undertaken for encouraging eco-friendly transportation due to growing awareness about environmental protection among people is driving the demand for batteries in vehicles. The global automotive industry is expected to grow steadily during 2018-2022 due to the rapid urbanization, increased per capita income, and rise in transportation activities in the world. This growth in the automotive industry and electric vehicle market is creating a demand for automotive batteries, which in turn is driving the global battery market.
One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to obtain assistance in selection of battery. Buyers should engage with suppliers that can help in selecting the right battery that can fulfill their purpose.
Specifications that are critical to the performance of a battery are as follows:
- Cell chemistry: Electrochemical characteristics of the chemical components of the battery
- Internal impedance: Determines the current carrying capability of the battery
- Discharge rates: Measure of the rate at which a battery is discharged relative to its maximum capacity
- Cycle life: Provides an indication of the expected working lifetime of the battery
- Security systems
- Oil and gas exploration
- Railway backup systems
- TAKEAWAY 01 - Market Overview
- TAKEAWAY 02 - Demand and Supply Snapshot
- TAKEAWAY 03 - Key Market Dynamics
- TAKEAWAY 04 - Supply Market Highlights
- TAKEAWAY 05 - Pricing Insights
- TAKEAWAY 06 - Procurement Insights
- Category Definition
- Research Methodology
- Category Spend Analysis
- Category Maturity by Regions
- Demand-Supply Shifts
- Regional Demand-Supply Snapshot
- Global Battery Production Hubs
- Market Developments
- Regional Impact of Trends
- Key Category Growth Drivers and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Major Category Growth Constraints and Corresponding Regional Impacts
- Key Current Technological Innovations
- Major Regulatory Frameworks
- Strategic Sustainability Practices
- Porter’s Five Forces
- PESTLE Analysis
- Supplier Operational Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Operational Capability Matrix
- Supplier Functional Capability Matrix
- Other Prominent Suppliers by Region: Functional Capability Matrix
- Key Clients/Partners
- Supplier Cost Breakup
- Supplier Positioning Matrix
- Pricing Models Snapshot
- Pricing Models - Pros and Cons
- Indicative Pricing
- Major Category Requirements
- Major Procurement Pain Points
- Category Sourcing Evolution Matrix
- Procurement Best Practices
- Cost-saving Opportunities
- Supplier Selection Criteria
- Category Negotiation Strategies
- SLA Terms
- Supplier Evaluation Criteria
- Category Risk Analysis
- General Electric
- Johnson Controls
- Key Notes
The author of the report recognizes the following companies as the key suppliers in the Global Battery - Procurement Market Intelligence Report: General Electric, Panasonic, Toshiba, Johnson Controls, TOTAL.
Commenting on the report, an analyst from the research team said: “One of the procurement best practices for buyers is to obtain assistance in selection of battery.”
According to the report, one of the key growth contributors for the global battery market the rising adoption of battery-operated forklifts.
Further, the report states that major procurement challenge experienced by the buyers is the extensions in lead time.
The study was conducted using an objective combination of primary and secondary information including inputs from key participants in the industry. The report contains actionable insights to improve source-to-contract cycle performance in addition to a PESTLE analysis.