The ever-increasing use of electronic devices in day-to-day life is driving the smart fabrics market. The ease of use of smart fabrics and the integration of electronic devices within the textile, make it an integrated device for use as a simple fabric, which further contributes to the flourishing global smart fabrics market. For instance, a particular variety of smart fabric developed at the University of Washington could pave the way for jackets that store invisible passcodes, and open the door to your apartment or office. However, immense developments in fields, such as nanotechnology, polymer development, and low power sensors have transformed the landscape of the market. The convergence of the internet of things, 3D printing, and nanotechnologies is creating enormous opportunities for fashion and apparel, with an increasing number of products integrating sensors, to generate and respond to data and perform a range of various functions. The smart textiles market in the fashion industry is driven by innovation of the designers to come up with new and aesthetically pleasing outfits, integrated with useful technical architecture capable of relaying information. Smart fabrics have an immense technological potential, which can be utilized by designers to innovate extensively, thus leading to the development of a broad range of new products. Brands, ranging from Uniqlo to Lululemon, are using smart textiles to set their collections ahead of the pack.
Adoption of Wearable Devices to Open New Avenues for the Market’s Growth
Connected wearable devices are evolving, as a part of a growing trend to move data analysis and communication from the smartphone, directly to the body. Technologists are using a combination of sensors, machine learning, and Big Data analysis, to provide consumers more data about their bodies and lives than ever before. This emerging field of products will have a dramatic impact on human computer interaction.
Wearable technology has always been concerned with the computer academia and industry. For example, international technology giants, such as Google and Apple, have increased their investments on wearable technology, extending into the fashion design field. For instance, Nike and Google launched gym shoes that can track real-time footprints using Google Earth. Wearing this pair of shoes can check movement routes at any time, and control massive motion data. With these advancements, the fashion and entertainment industry can easily afford to advertise it as compared to the other applications that affect common people.
North America Dominated the Market
Due to the ever-growing electronics market in the region, North America is a leading player in the global smart fabrics market. North America leads the smart fabrics market, exhibiting responsiveness in a controlled manner, amid changing environments. Rising preference for automated and high-end machines and gadgets by the modern customers have driven the demand for piezoelectric devices. The presence of a highly informed and enthusiastic consumer base in the country, further helps the manufacturers to release a range of innovative and experimental products into the market. Moreover, the presence of market-leading players, such as Du Pont, Textronics Inc., and Sensoria Inc. in the United States contributes significantly to the development of the studied market.
Key players in the market include: AIQ Smart Clothing Inc., E L Du Pont De Nemours and Company, Clothing Plus Ltd, Gentherm Incorporated, Interactive Wear AG and Outlast Technologies LLC. Other players include: Schoeller Technologies AG., Sensoria Inc., Textronics Inc., Intelligent Textiles Limited and Bebop Sensors Inc.
Key Developments in the Market
- Jan 2018 - Twinery MAS launched Nova, the high visibility jacket with on-demand illumination. This flexible, lightweight jacket was designed to become an essential addition to every outdoor enthusiast's wardrobe. Nova features patent-pending LightGuide technology that is embedded into the fabric, and activates on demand, to illuminate people and ensure high visibility protection for up to eight hours. A person wearing the Nova jacket will be visible from a distance of 450 feet, which is the length of nearly three football fields.
- Dec 2017 - Stoll and Myant Inc. allied to revolutionize the smart textiles industry. This collaboration is expected to have a direct and powerful impact on the textile manufacturing industry worldwide, as it raises the bar and sets a new gold standard for functional computing textiles.
- Oct 2017 - The Levi’s Commuter Trucker Jacket with Jacquard by Google was launched and is now available online, as well as in select Levi’s stores in Santa Monica, Chicago, New York, and San Francisco. This jacket was designed for the urban commuter, and the Jacquard technology woven into this Levi’s jacket lets the wearer access their music, navigation, and communication, such as texts and calls, with a swipe of their sleeve.
- Provision of the impact of opportunities offered by technological advancements in microelectronics and computing techniques.
- Analysis of various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Growth of various products, such as passive, active, and ultra-smart textiles.
- Regional analysis of the market studied.
- Identification of the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- Three months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Analysis Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Miniaturization of Electronic Components Influencing the Growth of the Market
3.2.2 Increasing Use of Wearable Electronics Fueling the Progression of Smart Textiles in Fashion and Entertainment
3.2.3 Rapid Growth of Low-cost Smart Wireless Sensor Networks
3.3 Market Restraints
3.3.1 Very High Implementation Costs
3.4 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Force Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
3.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4. Technology Overview
5. Global Market Segmentation for Smart Fabrics in Fashion and Entertainment
5.1 By Type of Product
5.1.1 Passive Smart Textiles
5.1.2 Active Smart Textiles
5.1.3 Ultra Smart Textiles
5.2 By Material
5.2.1 Color Changing
5.2.2 Light Emitting
5.2.3 Temperature Changing
5.2.4 Other Materials
5.3 By Region
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence- Company Profiles
6.1 AIQ Smart Clothing Inc.
6.2 E L Du Pont De Nemours and Company
6.3 Clothing Plus Ltd
6.4 Gentherm Incorporated
6.5 Interactive Wear AG
6.6 Outlast Technologies LLC
6.7 Schoeller Technologies AG.
6.8 Sensoria Inc.
6.9 Textronics Inc.
6.10 Intelligent Textiles Limited
6.11 Bebop Sensors Inc.
7. Investment Analysis
8. Outlook of the Global Smart Fabrics in Fashion and Entertainment Market
- AIQ Smart Clothing Inc.
- E L Du Pont De Nemours and Company
- Clothing Plus Ltd
- Gentherm Incorporated
- Interactive Wear AG
- Outlast Technologies LLC
- Schoeller Technologies AG.
- Sensoria Inc.
- Textronics Inc.
- Intelligent Textiles Limited
- Bebop Sensors Inc.