The growing market for light weight vehicles to reduce CO₂ emissions is identified as one of the primary drivers for growth in this market. Recent regulations, such as, the decision of Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to raise mile per gallon standards to 35.5 miles per gallon by 2016, and then 54.5 mpg by 2025 have induced automotive manufacturers to shift their focus to the use of light-weight metals for producing automobile parts.
Rules imposed by Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) to develop the technical workforce in the die casting industry are expected to improve the overall production of the market. Moreover, initiatives by National Air Duct Cleaners Association (NADCA) to advance the technical workforce in the industry of die casting are also anticipated to foster the market growth.
The introduction of simulation-based castings is one of the key trends that will drive the growth prospects for the global die casting market in the forthcoming years. The simulation-based casting process is used to produce components that are cost-effective, have high-precision, and reliable. This casting process involves various benefits such as it ensures an easy and accurate fault detection. Simulation-based manufacturing results in reduced wastage and operational costs. Additionally, they can also predict defects and their location easily and more precisely than the conventional method.
Magnesium is 33% lighter than aluminum by volume and has a quicker ejection time over aluminum castings. Magnesium is also better at casting components with thinner walls and tighter tolerances than aluminum. Almost as light-weight as plastic, magnesium has the advantage of greater strength and rigidity along with inherent EMI/RFI shielding, durability, heat-dissipation, and full recyclability. Currently, magnesium components account for only 1 percent of a typical car’s weight and it is expected to increase with technological developments. China with its magnesium reserve is expected to emanate as the leading supplier of the magnesium die cast parts.
Major players: BRABANT ALUCAST, CHICAGO WHITE METAL CASTING, GEORG FISCHER LIMITED, GIBBS DIE CASTING, MAGIC PRECISION, MERIDIAN LIGHTWEIGHT TECHNOLOGIES, PACE INDUSTRIES, SUNDARAM - CLAYTON LTD
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- The report analyses how the rising emission norms will impact automotive parts magnesium die casting industry.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Study on the raw material that dominate the automotive parts magnesium die casting industry.
- Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Tighter Emission Norms
5.2.1. Volatile Prices Of Raw Material
5.2.2. High Production And Maintenance Cost
5.3.1. Recovering Global Automotive Industry
5.3.2. Demand From The Electric Vehicle Industry
6. Automotive Parts Magnesium Die Casting Market, Segmented By Production Process Type
6.1. Pressure Die Casting
6.2. Vacuum Die Casting
6.3. Squeeze Die Casting
6.4. Semi Solid Die Casting
7. Automotive Parts Magnesium Die Casting Market, Segmented By Application Type
7.1. Engine Parts
7.2. Transmission Components
7.3. Body Parts
8. Automotive Parts Die Magnesium Casting Market, Segmented By Geography
9. Competitive Landscape
9.2. Market Share Analysis
9.3. Key Players And Developments
10. Company Profiles
10.1. Brabant Alucast
10.2. Chicago White Metal Casting Inc.
10.3. Continental Casting Llc
10.4. Georg Fischer Limited
10.5. Gibbs Die Casting Group
10.6. Magic Precision Inc.
10.7. Meridian Lightweight Technologies
10.8. Morimura Bros.,
10.9. Tadir-Gan Group
10.10. Pace Industries
10.11. Shiloh Industries
10.12. Twin City Die Casting Company
11. Future Outlook of the market
- Brabant Alucast
- Chicago White Metal Casting Inc
- Continental Casting Llc
- Georg Fischer Limited
- Gibbs Die Casting Group
- Magic Precision Inc.
- Meridian Lightweight Technologies
- Morimura Bros
- Tadir-Gan Group
- Pace Industries
- Shiloh Industries
- Twin City Die Casting Company