Increasing global population and a subsequent spike in vehicle-owning households spiked up demand for comfortable ride features such as sunroofs. Stringent emission regulations, ban on tinted glasses in countries like India, limited durability of window blinds, increasing emphasis over interiors to improve the comfort, as well as aesthetics of the vehicle are some of the significant factors that are driving the market for automotive smart glass towards growth.
Technologies in Use
Suspended particle device (SPD), Polymer Dispersed Liquid Crystal (PDLC), Electrochromics are some of the technologies currently in use for manufacturing of automotive smart glass. Hitachi Chemical has developed an SPD Film “LCF -1103DHA” through a license agreement with Research Frontiers Inc. This product from Hitachi allows the users to quickly control the amount of light, glare, and heat passing through the window. Smart Glass International developed the black-out smart glass that offers higher than 99.4% visible light block and 100% UV protection. Glass Apps is working on a smart glass that is a laminated glass constituting PDLC film and allows the user to change the visual appearance of the glass from opaque to clear, on command.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: At CES 2018, Fisker debuted its new Fisker E-Motion with a unique and innovative four-segment SPD SmartGlass roof.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
1. The report analyses how suspended particle device (SPD) technology will dominate the market.
2. Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
3. Study on the product type that is expected to dominate the market.
4. Study on the regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period.
5. Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
6. 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1. Research Methodology
1.2. General Study Assumptions
2. Research Methodology
2.2. Analysis Methodology
2.3. Study Assumptions
2.4. Econometric Forecast Model
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview And Technology Trends
4.1. Current Market Scenario
4.2. Technology Trends
4.3. Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1. Bargaining Power Of The Suppliers
4.3.2. Bargaining Power Of The Consumers
4.3.3. Threat Of New Entrants
4.3.4. Threat Of Substitute Products And Services
4.3.5. Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
5. Market Dynamics
5.1.1. Rising Consumer Demand For Comfort And Safety Features
5.1.2. Stringent Emission Regulations
5.2.1. Regulatory Framework
5.3.1. High Potential In Mature Automotive Markets
6. Global Automotive Smart Glass Market, Segmented By Technology Type
6.2. Polymer Dispersed Liquid Device (PDLC)
6.3. Suspended Particle Device (SPD)
7. Global Automotive Smart Glass Market, Segmented By Application
7.1. Rear & Side Windows
7.2. Sunroof Glass
7.3. Others (Windshields & Interiors)
8. Global Automotive Smart Glass Market, Segmented By Vehicle Type
8.1. Passenger Cars
8.2. Commercial Vehicles
9. Global Automotive Smart Glass Market, Segmented By Geography
9.1. North America
9.1.1. The United States
9.3.2. United Kingdom
9.4. Rest Of The World
9.4.2. South Africa
10. Competitive Landscape
10.2. Market Share Analysis
10.3. Key Players And Developments
11. Company Profiles
11.1. Corning Inc.,
11.3. Saint-Gobain S.A
11.4. Agp Glass
11.5. Hitachi Chemical Co., Ltd
11.6. Research Frontiers Inc.,
11.7. Pilkington Plc (Nsg)
11.8. Agc Automotive Americas, Inc.
11.9. Asahi India Glass Limited
12. Future Of The Market