Increasing Prevalence of Diabetes and Kidney Stones
According to World Health Organization (WHO), in 1980 there were 108 million people suffering from diabetes, this number increased to 422 million in 2014. While the prevalence of diabetes in adults increased from 4.7% in 1980 to 8.5% in 2014. This trend of increment in diabetes prevalence rate among adults is expected to continue in the forecast period. Therefore with increasing prevalence, the number of UTI increases, and with increase in UTI, the demand for drugs increases. Thus increasing prevalence of diabetes worldwide is expected to act as a major driver for the global urinary tract infection therapeutics market.
In addition, launch of combination drugs which are more effective and increasing geriatric population are also expected to boost the growth of urinary tract infection therapeutics market.
Adverse Effects Associated with the Use of Medication
According to Centers for Education & Research on Therapeutics, over 2 million cases of Adverse Drug Reactions (ADRs) are reported every year, out of which there are approximately 100,000 deaths. According to FDA, it is also estimated that each year over 350,000 ADRs occur in U.S nursing homes alone. With such increasing cases of ADRs being reported in every corner of the globe, there is averseness among population for the adoption of drugs, which is acting as a major restraint for the urinary tract infection therapeutics market.
Additionally, lack of awareness about the prevalence of UTI in developing and underdeveloped nations is restraining the growth of the market.
North America to Dominate the Market
The Urinary Tract Infection Therapeutics market is segmented by Drug type, Indication type and geography. By geography it is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and Africa and South America.
North America dominates the urinary tract infection therapeutics market due to high UTI detection along with increasing diabetes prevalence in the region. Europe is also expected to boost the UTI therapeutics market owing to increased accessibility to healthcare facilities along with high UTI prevalence among the population.
Key Developments in the Market
- August 2017: FDA approved Vabomere for adults. Vabomere is an antibacterial drug which is used for the treatment of complicated urinary tract infections (cUTI) and pyelonephritis (a type of kidney infection caused by specific bacteria). Vabomere contains meropenem and vaborbactam.
- December 2017: F.D.A has accepted for review of NDA (New Drug Application) submitted by Achaogen for plazomicin to treat cUTI including pyelonephritis and bloodstream infections (BSI), and has set a target action date under Prescription Drug User Fee Act (PDUFA) on june, 2018.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market analysis for the Global Urinary Tract Infection Therapeutics Market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and regional scale.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the industry with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The treatment type that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
1.1 MARKET DEFINITION
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY INFERENCES
5. MARKET OVERVIEW
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.2.1 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.2.2 BARGAINING POWER OF CONSUMERS
5.2.3 THREATS OF NEW ENTRANTS
5.2.4 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCT AND SERVICES
5.2.5 COMPETITIVE RIVALRY WITHIN THE INDUSTRY
6. DRIVERS, RESTRAINTS, OPPORTUNITIES AND CHALLENGES ANALYSIS (DROC)
6.1 MARKET DRIVERS
6.1.1 INCREASING PREVALENCE OF DIABETES AND KIDNEY STONES
6.1.2 LAUNCH OF COMBINATION DRUGS
6.1.3 INCREASING GERIATRIC POPULATION
6.2 MARKET RESTRAINTS
6.2.1 ADVERSE EFFECTS ASSOCIATED WITH THE USE OF MEDICATION
6.2.2 LACK OF AWARENESS IN DEVELOPING AND UNDERDEVELOPED NATIONS
6.4 KEY CHALLENGES
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 SEGMENTATION-BY DRUG TYPE
7.1.1 PENICILLIN & COMBINATIONS
7.1.4 AMINOGLYCOSIDE ANTIBODIES
7.1.6 AZOLES & AMPHOTERICIN B
7.2 SEGMENTATION-BY INDICATION TYPE
7.2.1 COMPLICATED UTI
7.2.2 RECURRING COMPLICATED UTI
7.2.3 UNCOMPLICATED UTI
7.2.4 NEUROGENIC BLADDER INFECTION
7.3 SEGMENTATION-BY GEOGRAPHY
7.3.1 NORTH AMERICA
18.104.22.168 UNITED STATES
22.214.171.124 UNITED KINGDOM
126.96.36.199 REST OF EUROPE
188.8.131.52 AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
184.108.40.206 SOUTH KOREA
220.127.116.11 REST OF ASIA-PACIFIC
7.3.4 MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
18.104.22.168 SOUTH AFRICA
22.214.171.124 REST OF THE MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA
7.3.5 SOUTH AMERICA
126.96.36.199 REST OF SOUTH AMERICA
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 MERGERS & ACQUISITION ANALYSIS
8.2 AGREEMENTS, COLLABORATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
8.3 NEW PRODUCTS LAUNCHES
9. KEY PLAYERS
9.1 PFIZER LIMITED
9.2 BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM
9.3 BAYER AG
9.4 GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC
9.5 NOVARTIS AG
9.6 F. HOFFMANN-LA ROCHE LTD
9.7 JOHNSON & JOHNSON
9.9 CIPLA INC
9.10 MERLION PHARMA
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET