The growing population and change in food fashion among people are the major drivers for the market. Individuals are more concerned about health and are willing to pay extra for food that is specifically beneficial to health. Therefore this tendency and awareness among people help the vitamin fortified and mineral enriched food and beverage market to grow. The market share in developed countries is captured by health conscious people, such as pregnant women, guardians of infants and the older population, as they are mostly aware about the benefits associated with fortified food and beverages. However, in developing countries there is an increase in health concern among people as well, due to enhanced disposable income, which drives the market to grow in the forecast period.
The market is segmented based on the ingredients, applications and geography. The ingredients segment mainly consists of vitamins and minerals, which are further classified as vitamin A, D, C and iron, iodine, folic acid and zinc respectively. By application, the market for fortified food and beverages is segmented as cereals, dairy, confectionery and infant products, to name the major ones. Among them, cereals and confectionery are the major market share holders.
North America and Europe are the major markets for fortified and wellness products. However, the scope of growth is available in these regions on the basis of innovation in new products and varieties. Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the fastest growing market for the forecast period, and will show the highest CAGR for the period, 2018-2023.
Major Players: ABBOTT LABORATORIES, CAMPBELL SOUP, H.J HEINZ, KELLOGG, PEPSICO, THE COCA COLA, THE PROCTOR & GAMBLE, GENERAL MILLS, INC., HAIN FOOD GROUP INC., LAND O’LAKES, NANTUCKET ALLSERVE, INC., OCEAN SPRAY CRANBERRIES, INC., PHILIP MORRIS COMPANIES, THE PROCTOR & GAMBLE COMPANY and SOUTH BEACH BEVERAGE COMPANY, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. RESEARCH APPROACH AND METHODOLOGY
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. STUDY OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Changes in food trends and habits
4.1.2 Growing health awareness and concerns
4.1.3 Increased per capita income in developing countries
4.2.1 Food Regulatory issues
4.2.2 High price of the products
4.3.1 Innovation to develop new variety range
4.3.2 Rising disease occurance pattern globally
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.5.2 Target Market Identification
22.214.171.124 Purchasing Power
126.96.36.199 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
188.8.131.52 Spending Patterns
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Cereals and cereal based products
5.1.2 milk and dairy products
5.1.3 fats and oils
5.1.5 infant formulas
5.1.6 others (flour , rice,tea)
5.2 By Ingredients
184.108.40.206 Vitamin A
220.127.116.11 Vitamin C
18.104.22.168 Vitamin D
22.214.171.124 Folic acid
126.96.36.199 Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
5.4 Competitive Landscape
5.4.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.4.2 Joint Ventures
5.4.3 New Product Launches
5.4.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.4.5 Market Share Analysis
5.5 Company Profiles
5.5.1 Abbott Laboratories
5.5.2 Campbell Soup
5.5.3 H.J Heinz
5.5.6 The Coca Cola
5.5.7 The Proctor & Gamble
5.5.8 General Mills, Inc.
5.5.9 Hain Food Group Inc.
5.5.10 Land O’Lakes
5.5.11 Nantucket Allserve, Inc.
5.5.12 Ocean Spray Cranberries, Inc.
5.5.13 Philip Morris Companies
5.5.14 The Proctor & Gamble Company
5.5.15 South Beach Beverage Company
- Abbott Laboratories
- Campbell Soup
- H.J Heinz
- The Coca Cola
- The Proctor & Gamble
- General Mills Inc.
- Hain Food Group Inc.
- Land O’Lakes
- Nantucket Allserve Inc.
- Ocean Spray Cranberries Inc.
- Philip Morris Companies
- The Proctor & Gamble Company
- South Beach Beverage Company