Intensive Properties Driving the Market
Due to the low acidity, high chemical resistance, high bonding capacity, and low thermal expansion coefficient of zirconium, it is being extensively used in the foundries and refractories as molding base material for sand casting and investment casting. The accelerating usage of zirconium and its promoters in surface coatings to improve the adhesion, heat and water/solvent resistance properties and as a keying agent between the body of coating and the substrate is also likely to drive the zirconium market.
Ceramics the Largest Application Type
The market can be segmented by application into refractories, ceramics, zircon chemicals, foundry sand, and others such as radio tubes and detonation caps, with zircon based ceramics being the major application. In 2017, approximately 50% of the total zirconium consumption by volume was contributed by the ceramics application segment. The chemicals segment is estimated to have the highest growth rate, owing to growing application of zirconium as catalytic converters for automotive and industrial exhaust systems.
China dominating the Zirconium Market
China has the largest market, accounting to almost 50% market share for zirconium globally. The consumption of zirconium will be driven by the nuclear power station in China. China consumes large amount of zirconium silicate. As per production, Australia is the largest producer of zirconium across the globe.
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: Iluka Resources Limited approved the development of Cataby mineral sands deposit in Western Australia. It is expected to produce around 50 kilo tons per annum of zircon.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Information about the product segment and application segment which is going to dominate the market over the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Scope of the Report
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Consistent Growth in Foundries and Refractories
4.1.2 Growth of Nuclear Power Stations in Asia-Pacific
4.1.3 Accelerating Usage in Surface Coatings
4.2.1 Reducing Dependence on Zircon
4.3.1 Stringent Emission Standards in Automotive
4.3.2 Growing Usage in Healthcare Sector, especially Orthopedic Implants
5. Market Segmentation And Analysis
5.1 By Occurence Type
5.1.3 Others (Includes Zirconium Metal)
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Foundry Sand
5.2.4 Zircon Chemicals
6. Regional Market Analysis
6.1.2 South Africa
6.1.8 Rest Of The World
6.2.2 United States
6.2.4 European Union
6.2.7 Rest Of The World
6.3 Import And Export
6.3.1 International Supply Chain Analysis
6.3.2 Trade Regulatory Policy Analysis
6.3.3 Analysis of Major Exporting and Importing Nations
6.4 Price Analysis
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Iluka Resources Inc.
8.3 Cristal Mining Australia Ltd.
8.4 Rio Tinto
8.5 Kenmare Resources Plc
8.6 Mzi Resources Ltd.
8.7 Doral Mineral Sands Pty. Ltd.
8.8 Lanka Mineral Sands Ltd.
8.9 Oregon Resources Corporation
8.10 Indústrias Nucleares Do Brasil S.A.
- ILUKA RESOUCES INC.
- RIO TINTO
- KENMARE CRSYTAL MINING AUSTRALIA LTD MZI RESOURCES LTD.
- DORAL MINERAL SANDS PTY. LTD.
- LANKA MINERAL SANDS LTD.
- OREGON RESOURCES CORPORATION
- INDÚSTRIAS NUCLEARES DO BRASIL S.A.