Extensive Demand from the Automobile Industry
Thermoplastic elastomers (TPEs) are high-performance materials, whose application in the automotive industry is rapidly increasing. TPE serve the automotive industry in myriad of applications, some of which include manufacturing of high-quality automotive instrument panels, wheel covers, dashboard components, pillar trim, door liners and handles, seat backs, and seat belt components, among others. According to International Organization of Motor Vehicle Manufacturers (OICA), the production of automobiles has increased from 91 million units in 2015 to almost 95 million units in 2016, and the surge is expected to continue though the forecast period too. Increasing automotive production, coupled with the growing usage of TPE in the automotive industry is expected to drive the market through the forecast period.
In 2017, automotive and transportation application segment dominated the global market with a market share of 41%.
Thermoplastic olefins (TPE-o) - the fastest growing segment
Styrene block copolymers (TPE-s) dominated the global TPE market by product type; however, thermoplastic olefins (TPE-o) is estimated to be the fastest growing market through the forecast period. Thermoplastic olefins are vital products for various industrial applications. They are designed to be tough and durable, and they are easily tailored to meet specific application requirements, such as being weather-resistant, paintable, scratch-resistant, low odor, or low carbon emissions, among others.
Asia-Pacific region to Dominate the Global Market
Asia-Pacific was the largest market in 2017, accounting for around 47% of the global market. It is also expected to be the fastest growing market through the forecast period. In Asia-Pacific, China dominated the TPE market, followed by Japan and India. The improved economic growth, resulting in increased disposable income of people; foreign investments by global leaders of various end-user markets, clubbed with local government initiatives for sustainable development have made the market conditions for countries, such as China and India, favorable for expansion, in terms of both technology and business development.
Key Developments in the Market
- January 2018: Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation started production of styrenic thermoplastic elastomer at Mitsubishi Chemical Performance Polymers (Thailand) Co., Ltd., its subsidiary in Thailand
- January 2018: Polymax Thermoplastic Elastomers L.L.C., a manufacturer and custom compounder of thermoplastic elastomers, is planning to increase the size of its production operation by adding about 8 million pounds of annual capacity
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Market definition, along with the identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario and prospective opportunities
- Various market perspectives, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Regions or countries that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period
- Information about the product segment and application segment which is going to dominate the market over the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimation sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Research Phases
1.2 Scope of the Market
1.3 Study Deliverables
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Insights
3.1 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter’s Five Force Analysis
3.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.2.5 Degree of Competition
3.3 Raw Material Analysis
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Extensive Demand from Automobile Industry
4.1.2 Increasing Application from the HVAC Industry
4.2.1 Volatility in Raw Material Prices
4.2.2 Market Saturation in Applications
4.3.1 Growing Demand for Bio-Based Thermoplastic Elastomers
4.3.2 Increasing Applications in the Medical Industry
5. Market Segmentation and Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Styrenic Block Copolymers (TPE-S)
5.1.2 Thermoplastic Olefins (TPE-O)
5.1.3 Elastomeric Alloys (TPE-V or TPV)
5.1.4 Thermoplastic Polyurethanes (TPU)
5.1.5 Thermoplastic Copolyester
5.1.6 Thermoplastic Polyamides
5.2 By Application
5.2.1 Automotive & Transportation
5.2.2 Building & Construction
5.2.4 Electrical & Electronics
5.2.6 Household Appliances
5.2.8 Adhesives, Sealants & Coatings
6. Regional Market Analysis (Market Size, Growth, and Forecast)
6.1.4 South Korea
6.1.5 Australia and New Zealand
6.1.6 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
6.2 North America
6.2.1 United States
6.2.4 Rest of North America
6.3.2 United Kingdom
6.3.6 Rest of Europe
6.4 South America
6.4.3 Rest of South America
6.5 Middle East & Africa
6.5.1 Saudi Arabia
6.5.2 South Africa
6.5.3 Rest of Middle East & Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations and Agreements
7.2 Market Share Analysis**
7.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 A. Schulman, Inc.
8.2 Apar Industries, Ltd.
8.4 Asahi Kasei Corporation
8.7 Chevron Philips Chemicals Co., Ltd.
8.8 Covestro AG
8.9 Royal DSM
8.10 Dynasol LLC.
8.12 Elastron Kimya San. Tic. A.Ş
8.13 Eni Versalis
8.14 Evonik Industries AG
8.15 Exxonmobil Chemical Company Inc.
8.16 Hexpol Rubber Compounding
8.17 Huntsman Corporation
8.18 Kraton Corporation
8.20 LCY Chemical Corp.
8.21 LG Chemicals
8.22 Lubrizol Corporation
8.23 LyondellBasell Industries BV
8.24 Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation
8.25 Mitsui Chemicals
8.27 Polyone Corporation
8.29 Sibur Holding
8.31 Teknor Apex
8.32 Total Petrochemicals
8.33 TSRC Corporation
8.34 Wanhua Chemical Group Co., Ltd.
8.35 Zeon Corporation
8.36 Sumitomo Chemicals Co., Ltd.
10. **Subject to Feasibility and Availability
- KRATON PERFORMANCE POLYMERS INC.
- LCY GROUP
- DYNASOL ELASTOMERS
- BASF SE
- LG CHEMICALS; A. SCHULMAN inc.
- APAR INDUSTRIES Ltd.
- ASAHI KASEI CORPORATION
- CHEVRON PHILIPS CHEMICALS CO. Ltd.
- COVESTRO AG
- ROYAL DSM
- ELASTRON KIMYA SAN. TIC. A.S
- ENI VERSALIS
- EVONIK INDUSTRIES AG
- EXXONMOBIL CHEMICAL COMPANY INC.
- HEXPOL RUBBER COMPOUNDING
- HUNTSMAN CORPORATION
- LUBRIZOL CORPORATION
- LYONDELLBASELL INDUSTRIES BV
- MITSUBISHI CHEMICAL CORPORATION
- MITSUI CHEMICALS
- POLYONE CORPORATION
- SIBUR HOLDING
- TEKNOR APEX
- TOTAL PETROCHEMICALS
- TSRC CORPORATION
- WANHUA CHEMICAL GROUP CO. Ltd.
- ZEON CORPORATION
- SUMITOMO CHEMICALS CO. Ltd.