Aluminium packaging provides complete protection against moisture, light, oxygen, and bacteria. The flexibility of the aluminum to form any shape has made it the most versatile packaging material in the world. A key benefit of using aluminum in the packaging industry is that aluminum packaging materials can be 100% recycled and reused an infinite number of times. More than 60% of the aluminum used in the packaging sector is processed to foil or thin strips. Food and beverage can account for more than 20% of this production. A significant part of foil and sheets are also used in the making of flexible tubes and aerosol cans. The lightweight of the aluminum foil helps the manufacturers to transport more cans or any other aluminum packed goods at a single go. This is an eco-friendly process and saves a lot of transportation costs to the company.
Food and Beverages Industry Holds the Largest Share
Due to the high availability of substitutes in the food and beverages industry, packaging and quality of the product have always been a critical competitive factor. This is one of the primary reasons why food and beverages manufacturers invest more than 11% of the revenue on the packaging. Dry foods like aromatic herbs and spices are best preserved when packed in aluminum packaging medium. Lined cartons are the most favorable packaging method for many dry food products. Latest innovations in packing like the cylindrical design for an easy to open packaging mechanism, protective membranes under a plastic reclosable lid for repeated usage and perforated top seam for easy opening are revolutionizing aluminum foil packaging in the food industry.
The recent marketing strategies that involve promoting brands on food packages which are very common in the food products sold to children require the composition of more than one packaging material so that it is flexible for printing promotional ads. This leads to a considerable increase in the demand for aluminum foil packaging in the food industry.
Asia-Pacific to Account for the Largest Demand
Asia-Pacific region accommodates the vast population in the world. China and India, most populist countries around the globe, prevail in Asia-Pacific. China has about 4 billion households followed by India with about 2.5 billion households. Such high number of households consume a considerable amount of consumer goods ranging from toothpaste to canned food, increase the demand for aluminum foil packaging in the region. Other factors adding to the need for aluminum foil packaging in the region are urbanization in the developing countries, food exports, and aging population.
Countries like India and China are a significant hub of spices, tea and coffee products. India is the fifth largest exporter of coffee in the world. To lock the natural aroma of coffee, aluminum is the best-preferred packaging material. Ready to eat food in urban lifestyle of countries with most of their population living in the cities also increase the demand for aluminum foil packaging. It is estimated that more than 21.8% of the people living in rural areas of Asia-Pacific have an average age of 65 years. This adds up to the demand for aluminum foil packaging in the pharmaceutical industry to cater to the medical needs of these elderly population.
Key Developments in the Market
- May 2017 - Amcor acquired Plasticos Team S.A.S. from Team Foods Colombia S.A., a leading food producer in Colombia. The acquisition enables Amcor to build on the company’s position in Colombia and enhances its existing capabilities and product offering in the region.
- December 2017 - Novelis announced its investment of USD 4.5 million in Warren facility, which is dedicated to applying coatings to rolled aluminum sheets. It is expecting to provide versatile pretreatments and improve the product’s efficiency and reduce the costs.
- September 2017- Tetra Pak International invested EUR 30 million for upgrading factory in Denton production. The company is making these upgrades to support the growth of its business in the United States and Canada. The new equipment is probably to be in production by the end of 2018.
- September 2017- Crown Holdings Inc. announced to build a new plant for beverage cans in Valencia, Spain for production of aluminum beverage cans. This production establishment is aimed to meet the high demand of local manufacturers in the country.
- How the growing demand in Asia-Pacific acts as a driver to the global market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which solutions and type of aluminum foil packaging are expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Factors Driving the Market
4.3 Factors Restraining the Market
4.4 Supply Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Competitive Rivalry
5. Global Aluminium Foil Packaging Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product
5.1.1 Foil Wrappers
5.1.3 Blister Packs
5.1.4 Collapsible Tubes
5.1.7 Others (Sachets, Strip Packs, Lids, Blisters)
5.2 By End User
5.2.5 Others(Household and Automotive)
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Intelligence
6.1 Amcor Limited
6.2 Zenith Alluminio Srl
6.3 Constantia Flexibles
6.4 Nicholl Food Packaging Ltd
6.5 Hindalco Industries Limited
6.6 Plus Pack SAS
6.7 China Hongqiao Group Limited
6.8 United Company RUSAL Plc
6.10 Hulamin Ltd
7. Investement Analysis
8. Future of Aluminium Foil Packaging Market
- Amcor Limited
- Zenith Alluminio Srl
- Constantia Flexibles
- Nicholl Food Packaging Ltd
- Hindalco Industries Limited
- Plus Pack Sas
- China Hongqiao Group Limited
- United Company
- Rusal Plc
- Hulamin Ltd