Strong Gains in Automated Equipment Demand to Drive the Growth
Substantial gains in automated equipment demand are expected to influence the manufacturers to shift their preferences toward the products that enhance productivity and are flexible for integration into automated warehouses. The rising efforts among end users to reduce labor costs, particularly in developed markets, such as the United States, are expected to impact the growth of AMH market. In the United States, around 80% of the warehouses are observed to be manually operated, 15% to be mechanized, and only 5% to be fully automated. This provides a long runway for the AMH market to grow faster than the industrial production.
Retail Segment to Lead the North American Automated Material Handling Market
North America is the second largest e-commerce market in the world after Asia-Pacific. In 2017 alone, the e-commerce industry registered revenue of USD 458.2 billion in the region (which include B2C e-commerce turnover in the US & Canada). According to the Global Powers of Retailing report, 76 of the most significant retailing companies in the world are based in the United States. With strengthening logistics networks and growing internet penetration, there is enormous scope for automation of this sector in the region.
The United States Dominated the North American Automated Material Handling Market
Rise in the per capita income in the United States has led to increased need for durable and non-durable goods, which is driving the need for an efficient manufacturing process. Thus, companies manufacturing both durable and non-durable goods are increasingly adopting extensive assembly lines in their manufacturing process to meet the demand for these products. The growth of warehousing and distribution centers also plays a significant role in enhancing the growth of the AMH market in the region. The mining and manufacturing industries, which are highly dependent upon AMH equipment, are also growing due to the inherent demand for power and minerals, leading to the growth of AMH in the country.
Key Developments in the Market
- The Robotic Industries Association (RIA), North America's leading robotics trade group, signed an alliance partnership with the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH). The alliance aims to enhance technical expertise in robotics within OSHA and NIOSH. It also expects to improve awareness of workplace hazards associated with traditional industrial robots, the emerging technology of human-robot collaboration installations and systems, and identify research that helps to reduce workplace hazards.
- Honeywell announced the rebranding of its Intelligrated business, changing the name to Honeywell Intelligrated and revealing a new logo. The integration process has focused on ways to leverage complementary strengths to serve customers better and enhance the businesses. This includes developing connected solutions that enable customers to leverage data for higher efficiency, access to a broader portfolio of productivity, workflow, and automation solutions.
- How does the growing E-commerce industry act as a driver of the North American market scenario?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which type of equipment is expected to dominate the market?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- Three months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraint
4.4 Indusrty Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power Of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power Of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat Of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat Of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry Within The Industry
4.5 Value Chain Analysis
5. North America Automated Material Handling Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.1.1 Automated Storage And Retrieval System
5.1.2 Automated Guided Vehicle
5.1.5 Sortation System
5.2 By Country
5.2.1 United States Of America
126.96.36.199 By End-User
188.8.131.52.1 Food And Beverage
184.108.40.206.5 Post & Parcel
220.127.116.11.7 General Manufacturing
6. Competitive Intelligence
6.1 Dematic Group
6.2 Bastian Solutions, Inc
6.3 Daifuku Co., Ltd.
6.4 Schaefer Holding International Gmbh
6.5 Mecalux, S.A.
6.6 Beumer Group Gmbh & Co. Kg
6.7 Knapp Ag
6.8 Tgw Logistics Group Gmbh
6.9 Kardex Remster
6.10 Viastore Systems Inc.
7. Future Of Automated Material Handling Market In North America
- Dematic Group
- Bastian Solutions Inc
- Daifuku Co. Ltd.
- Schaefer Holding International Gmbh
- Beumer Group Gmbh & Co. Kg
- Knapp AG
- Tgw Logistics Group Gmbh
- Kardex Remster
- Viastore Systems Inc.