Enormous Investment In Smart Grid Technology To Drive The Market Growth
The application and the large-scale smart grid implementation across various geographies and verticals are causing the smart grid market to grow rigorously. The technology helps optimize the loss of energy during transmission and distribution; ensuring reduction in electricity consumption. The developing economies are witnessing a robust growth in infrastructure development particularly in the utility sector, which has created a dire need for adherence to CIP standards, which could lead to enhanced protection from diverse security threats capable of causing insurmountable losses to the national economy. The changes made by Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to the Critical Infrastructure Protection Reliability Standards (popularly known as CIP v5) have emerged as a fundamental compliance for bulk power systems across the region.
Factors such as IT and infrastructure investments, coupled with the changing regulatory requirements are affecting the modernization of the sector, with large growth opportunities observed in analytics, followed by advanced metering infrastructure and network operations software. This growth, in turn leads to a consequent demand for critical infrastructure protection, which is expected to drive the growth of the market lucratively. The increasing spend in infrastructure development is hence expected to guide the growing demand for critical infrastructure protection.
RISK MANAGEMENT SERVICES TO DOMINATE THE MARKET BY SERVICES
Risk Management Services involve taking protective measures to conduct a risk reduction strategy. This segment includes aspects of risk detection, risk assessment and risk reduction. The measures taken to control transfer and avoid these risks fall under the category. Prevention, Protection, Response and Mitigation are few of the approaches used in the technology. The Risk Management Services offers solutions to monitor, manage and protect critical infrastructures. Firms in the segment help corporates make decisions about risk management and governance programs, respond to crisis events, manage and understand regulations and government issues. This requires substantial experience in understanding the complexity of vital infrastructures.
NORTH AMERICA TO OCCUPY MAJOR SHARE IN THE MARKET
North America was among the first to adopt Critical Infrastructure Protection programs and regulations across multiple industry verticals. It also occupies the largest market share, globally, accounting for 34% of the global market in terms of revenue, and market forecasts indicate that this trend is expected to continue. Additionally, the CIP Market has grown to be a mature market in the United States, where the program to ensure safety and security of critical and IT infrastructures was introduced in the year 1996. In North America, the reality that operators of critical infrastructures are more confident about the safety of these structures than they should be, is the key driving factor behind the establishment of the North American Electric Reliability Corporations (NERC). It has been additionally enforced that systems and companies that do not comply with the NERC CIP v.5 requirements will be subjected to hefty and strict fines.
Major Key Players: BAE SYSTEMS, EMC CORPORATION, WATERFALL SECURITY SYSTEMS, GENERAL DYNAMICS, HONEYWELL INTERNATIONAL, INTERGRAPH CORPORATION
Key Developments in the Market
- December 2017: BAE Systems has secured a new seven-year contract from the UK Ministry of Defense’s (MoD) Maritime Combat Systems (MCS) team for the Royal Navy’s Joint Support Solution 2 (JSS 2) programme.
- November 2017: SecurityMatters and Waterfall Security Solutions announced a global partnership to protect industrial control systems from the most advanced cyber threats. The joint solution seamlessly integrates SecurityMatters’ SilentDefense network monitoring platform with Waterfall’s Unidirectional Security Gateways to enable industrial enterprises to continuously and centrally monitor industrial control networks, while thoroughly protecting those networks from cyber-attacks.
- How the market scenario of critical infrastructure protection is changing?
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- Which security technology, services and vertical is expected to dominate the market?
- Which regions are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period?
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Executive Summary
2. Research Methodology
2.1 Study Deliverables
2.2 Study Assumptions
2.3 Research Methodology
2.4 Research Phases
3. Market Insights
3.1 Market Overview
3.2 Porter's five forces Analysis
3.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
3.2.2 Bargaining Power of customers
3.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.2.4 Threat of Substitute products
3.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Policies
4. Market Dynamics
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Enormous Investments in Smart Grid Technology
4.2.2 Joint Functioning of Cloud Computing and Critical Infrastructure Protection
4.2.3 Physical Threats, Cyber Threats and Insider Attacks
4.2.4 Political Pressures for Better Regulations and Implementations
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Poor Understanding of Industrial Control Systems
4.3.2 Lack of Interoperability Between Products
4.4 Market Opportunities
4.4.1 IoT Diving the Information and Physical Security Market
5. Technology Snapshot
6. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market - Segmentation by Security Technology
6.1 Network Security
6.2 Physical Security
6.2.1 Screening and Scanning
6.2.2 Video Surveillance
6.2.3 PSIM and PIAM
6.2.4 Access Control
6.3 Vehicle Identification Management
6.4 Building Management Systems
6.5 Secure Communication
6.7 SCADA security
7. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market - Segmentation by Services
7.1 Risk Management Services
7.2 Designing, Integration and Consultation
7.3 Managed Services
7.4 Maintenance and Support
8. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market - Segmentation by Vertical
8.1 Energy and Power
8.2 Transportation System
8.3 Sensitive Infrastructure and Enterprises
9. Global Critical Infrastructure Protection Market - Segmentation by Geography
9.1 North America
9.1.1 United States
9.2.2 United Kingdom
9.4 Latin America
9.5 Middle East and Africa
9.5.1 United Arab Emirates
9.5.2 Saudi Arabia
9.5.3 South Africa
10. Vendor Market Share Analysis
11. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
11.1 BAE Systems PLC
11.2 Honeywell International Inc
11.3 Raytheon Co.
11.4 Airbus SE
11.5 Intergraph Corporation
11.6 General Electric Company
11.7 McAfee Inc (Intel Corporation)
11.8 Waterfall Security Solutions
11.9 General Dynamics Corporation
11.10 Lockheed Martin Corporation
11.11 Northrop Grumman Corp
11.12 Kaspersky Lab Inc.
11.13 Ericsson AB
12. Investment Analysis
13. Future of Critical Infrastructure Protection Market
- BAE Systems PLC
- Honeywell International Inc
- EMC Corporation
- Raytheon Co.
- Airbus SE
- Intergraph Corporation
- General Electric Company
- McAfee Inc (Intel Corporation)
- Waterfall Security Solutions
- General Dynamics Corporation
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Northrop Grumman Corp
- Kaspersky Lab Inc.
- Ericsson AB