Soy beverages are consumed because of the increased availability of soy, and the scientific facts that prove the many health benefits of the beans; including lowering blood cholesterol and reducing the risk of certain cancers. Additionally, soy beverages are consumed as a replacement for lesser-healthy drinks because of its nutrition content.
Soybean-based foods, apart from being a complete source of protein, also contain other important nutrients, such as fiber, B vitamins and Omega3 fatty acids. All these nutrients play an important role in the growth of infants, fetal growth in pregnant women, and provide various other benefits for children and adults alike. The rising health consciousness in the developing and developed regions is driving the Asia-Pacific soy beverages market. It is a healthy alternative to meat and other animal products and hence, is a good protein source for the vegetarians. However, recent studies on the harmful effects of soy and its derivatives are hindering the growth of the Asia-Pacific soy beverages market. Homemade protein rich foods are being opted over processed soy products.
The Asia-Pacific soy beverages market can be segmented into soy milk and yogurt smoothies. They are highly recommended for the lactose intolerant or dairy allergic population. The protein content in soy milk is equivalent to that of cow milk but, unlike cow milk, soy milk has little amounts of saturated fats and no cholesterol. The soy yogurt smoothie is generally low-fat and hence is preferred over regular smoothies.
The soy beverage market in the region is led by three major nations i.e. Japan, followed by India, and China. In China, rapid consolidation between medium and large companies is anticipated as the government has been taking measures to regulate the industry and improve competitiveness across the world. Countries like Hong Kong has been reported to have higher soy milk consumption.
MAJOR PLAYERS: DANONE, ORGANIC VALLEY, KIKKOMAN PEARL SOY MILK, HAIN CELESTIAL GROUP, EDEN FOODS, ZENSOY, TRADER JOE'S, JAFFE BROS. NATURAL FOODS, and DEVANSOY, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
3.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
3.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
3.5.2 Target Market Identification
22.214.171.124 Purchasing Power
126.96.36.199 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
188.8.131.52 Spending Patterns
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Yogurt Smoothies
4.2 By Geography
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Major Strategy Adopted
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Organic Valley
6.3 Kikkoman Pearl Soy Milk
6.4 Hain Celestial Group
6.5 Eden Foods
6.7 Trader Joe's
6.8 Jaffe Bros. Natural Foods