In recent years, convenient foods have become widely popular, especially among working class people, teenage children etc. as it shortens the time of meal preparation at home fall. The consumer demand for convenience foods are evolving with dynamic demands from consumers. Bread mixes were one of those popular bakery products that gave birth to the concept of convenience.
The shifting trend towards westernization in the developing regions is increasing the demand for convenience foods in the underdeveloped and developing regions of the world. Moreover, the demand for gluten-free foods is increasing as the gluten sensitive or allergic population is slowly rising. Ancient grains such as quinoa, amaranth, millets based foods are more preferred over traditional wheat or white bread mixes.
However, the health conscious consumers opt for low carbohydrate content and nutritious foods. Bread, in general, has high carbohydrates, added preservatives and artificial colors content, which might have an adverse effect on the growth of the market. Even though the convenience foods take lesser time for preparation and reduces strain, they tend to lack complete nutritive values and hard to control fat, salt and sugar levels. Also the higher cost per serving might add woes to the bread mixes market.
The highly fragmented market is categorized by ingredients used in the bread mixes as: enzymes, starch, fiber, emulsifiers and others. The fiber type is the most lucrative segment of the global bakery ingredients market, exhibiting the highest potential for investment due to rise in their demand and increase in awareness related to health benefits. Flour/starch records a highest market share by ingredient type.
North America has the highest market share followed by Europe. The developed countries like the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom and Germany occupy the major market share followed by fast developing regions of Asia-Pacific like China, Japan and India. The increasing westernization trends in the developing regions of South America and Africa is also driving the global bread mixes market. The market is also segmented by application for Industrial purposes, food service/restaurants purposes, and others.
Major Players: TAURA NATURAL INGREDIENTS LTD, SDZUCKER, AAK AB, TATE & LYLE, CORBION, IFFCO, CSM BAKERY SOLUTIONS, NOVOZYMES, INGREDION, ARCHER DANIELS MIDLAND COMPANY and CARGIL, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Growing Consumption of Convenience Foods
3.1.2 Rising Demand for Ancient Grain Based and Gluten Free Breads
3.1.3 Craving for House Hold Baked Foods
3.2.1 Health Hazards due to High Consumption of Processed Food
3.2.2 Availability of RTE and Packaged Baking Breads.
3.3.1 Growing Demand for Organic Foods in the Developing Regions
3.3.2 Market Launch of Low-Carb Ingredients Based Breads
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Industrial purposes
4.2.2 Food Service
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
4.2.4 South America
126.96.36.199 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Major Strategies Adopted by Key Players
5.2 Most Active Players
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Taura Natural Ingredients Ltd
6.3 AAK AB
6.4 Tate & lyle
6.7 CSM Bakery Solutions
6.10 Archer Daniels Midland Company