Soy beverages are consumed because of the increased availability of soy, and the scientific facts that prove the many health benefits of the beans; including lowering blood cholesterol and reducing the risk of certain cancers. Additionally, soy beverages are consumed as a replacement for lesser-healthy drinks because of its nutrition content.
Soybean-based foods, apart from being a complete source of protein, also contain other important nutrients, such as fiber, B vitamins and Omega3 fatty acids. All these nutrients play an important role in the growth of infants, fetal growth in pregnant women, and provide various other benefits for children and adults alike. The rising health consciousness in the developing and developed regions is driving the soy beverages market. It is a healthy alternative to meat and other animal products and hence, is a good protein source for the vegetarians. However, recent studies on the harmful effects of soy and its derivatives are hindering the growth of the North America soy beverage market. Homemade protein rich foods are being opted over processed soy products. In the US, soy milks manufacturers are experiencing some supply chain issues and also consumers are looking for variety in soy-based beverage products.
The North America soy beverages market can be segmented into soy milk and yogurt smoothies. They are highly recommended for the lactose intolerant or dairy allergic population. The protein content in soy milk is equivalent to that of cow milk but, unlike cow milk, soy milk has little amounts of saturated fats and no cholesterol. The soy yogurt smoothie is generally low-fat and hence is preferred over regular smoothies.
In 2014, the US soy milk market started losing shares to almond milk and other plant-based dairy alternatives such as coconut milks etc., however the segment started growing after introduction of new flavors, which were also given strong promotions and discounts. The market in the region is anticipated to be affected after soy milk health claim removal step announced by FDA.
Major Players: DANONE, ORGANIC VALLEY, KIKKOMAN PEARL SOY MILK, HAIN CELESTIAL, EDEN FOODS, ZENSOY, TRADER JOE'S, JAFFE BROS. NATURAL FOODS, DEVANSOY, STREMICKS HERITAGE FOODS and HAIN CELESTIAL.
- April 2017: Danone has completed the acquisition of WhiteWave, which will add and expand the plant-based category along with its soy milk brand Silk.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Dynamics
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.3 Degree of Competition
3.4.4 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.5 Threat of Substitutes
3.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
3.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
3.5.2 Target Market Identification
184.108.40.206 Purchasing Power
220.127.116.11 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
18.104.22.168 Spending Patterns
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Soy Milk
4.1.2 Yogurt Smoothies
4.2 By Geography
4.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Most Active Companies
5.3 Major Strategy Adopted
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Organic Valley
6.3 Kikkoman Pearl Soy Milk
6.4 Hain Celestial
6.5 Eden Foods
6.7 Trader Joe's
6.8 Jaffe Bros. Natural Foods
6.10 Stremicks Heritage Foods
6.11 Hain Celestial