The fruit jam, jelly, and preserves market is driven by the convenience of food supplement items, preference for ready-to-eat products, multiple distribution channels, changing lifestyles and food preferences due to urbanization, and the popularity of versatile flavored food materials. Although the market is growing at a decent pace, the high cost of raw materials and ingredients and government regulations on processed food and food additives are slowing it down. Innovative product development with new flavors of untraditional fruits and organic products is an opportunity for fruit jam, jelly, and preserves market players. Another opportunity is the penetration of the developing market for jams, jellies, and preserves.
The jam, jelly, and preserves market can be segmented by product types, flavors, ingredients, distribution channels, and geography. By the product type, jam products account for more than 40% of the global market share, followed by jelly. By the flavor type, the market can be segmented into blackberry, raspberry, strawberry, apricot, grape, blueberry flavors, and others. By distribution channel types, the market can be segmented into hypermarkets/supermarkets, convenience/departmental stores, online purchases, and others.
Europe and North America are the largest markets in terms of consumption. Given the steady demand in Western European countries, the regional market is expected to have the largest market share. The developing regions of South America and Asia-Pacific are also expected to grow at a high CAGR. The market growth in India, China, Brazil, Argentina, Bangladesh, and South Africa is supported by the large population, high supplementary food demand and changing lifestyle in terms of food consumption, preference, and taste.
MAJOR PLAYERS: B&G FOODS, BAXTER & SONS, BONNE MAMAN, CENTURA FOODS, CONAGRA FOODS INC, DUERR & SONS, WELCH, FERRERO GROUP, WELLNESS FOODS, HERSHEY COMPANY, J.M. SMUCKER, WILKIN & SONS, KRAFT FOODS, MURPHY ORCHARDS, NESTLE LTD, NATIONAL GRAPE CO-OPERATIVE ASSOCIATION, UNILEVER GROUP and PREMIER FOODS, amongst others.
- The competition is reported to be huge mostly in North America and Europe, where a large number of small and big enterprises are operating in the limited market. These markets are more saturated due to the presence of many small and private local players. A major growth opportunity lies in China, Brazil, Argentina, South Africa, and India due to their huge population.
- New innovative product launches, flavored products, healthy food items, and mergers & acquisitions with smaller level players have been strong business strategies for market growth here.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Convenience of Ready-to-Eat Products
4.1.2 Changing Lifestyles and Food Preferences Due to Urbanization
4.1.3 Popularity of Versatile and Flavored Food Materials
4.2.1 High Cost for Raw Materials and Ingredients
4.2.2 Government Regulations for Processed Food and Food Additives
4.3.1 Opportunity in Developing Market
4.3.2 Innovative Product Offerings
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.5.2 Target Market Identification
22.214.171.124 Purchasing Power
126.96.36.199 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
188.8.131.52 Spending Patterns
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Flavor Types
5.3 By Ingredient
5.3.6 Food Additives
5.4 By Distribution Channel
5.4.1 Supermarkets/ Hypermarkets
5.4.2 Online Store
5.4.3 Convenience/Departmental Stores
5.5 By Geography
5.5.1 North America
5.5.4 South America
184.108.40.206 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Most Active Companies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Most Adopted Market Strategies
7. Company Profiles
7.1 B&G Foods
7.2 Baxter & Sons
7.3 Bonne Maman
7.4 Centura Foods
7.5 ConAgra Foods Inc
7.6 Duerr & Sons
7.8 Ferrero Group
7.9 Wellness Foods
7.10 Hershey Company
7.11 J.M. Smucker
7.12 Wilkin & Sons
7.13 Kraft Foods
7.14 Murphy Orchards
7.15 Nestle Ltd
7.16 National Grape Co-operative Association
7.17 Unilever Group
7.18 Premier Foods
- B&G Foods
- Baxter & Sons
- Bonne Maman
- Centura Foods
- ConAgra Foods Inc
- Duerr & Sons
- Ferrero Group
- Wellness Foods
- Hershey Company
- J.M. Smucker
- Wilkin & Sons
- Kraft Foods
- Murphy Orchards
- Nestle Ltd
- National Grape Co-operative Association
- Unilever Group
- Premier Food.