- Soylent is a brand that launched a new product like chewable nutrition bar. The food bar is nut-free, vegan, and lactose-free, and uses soy protein, algal flour, beet sugar, and other vitamins and minerals. Sporting a label of "food bar," the new product promises to fill 12.5 percent of a person’s daily caloric needs.
- Development of nutrient supplements like FortiSoy™ for infant nutrition and other products for pregnant women, have helped increase the health profile of both mother and child.
- California start-up brings meatless burger to Asia: Impossible Foods, which makes a product that tastes like ground beef, but is made from plants, is on the road to diversify its product portfolio to include something similar to steak. The company’s new target will be Asia, after gaining attention for its food technology in Silicon Valley, where it attracted funds from big names.
Veganism is trending, as people are up to find that the plant-based proteins are complete proteins, if eaten in the right combination for the right body type. They can work better than animal protein, mainly because of the absence of hormones and enzymes. Going vegan and consuming plant protein, has shown extraordinary results in reduction of cholesterol, treating PCOS and preventing menopausal complications. Around 13% of the millennial are vegetarians and 4% are vegans who avoid dairy products, thus, resulting in increased demand for the most suitable alternative like soy and pea protein. These inclination trends towards plant-based diet are associated with different factors, such as sustainability issue, health awareness, ethical or religious views, environmental and animal rights.
Soy-based Meat Substitutes are the Most Popular
Soy is the most common source of meat substitutes in Asia-Pacific. Increasing demand for tofu from food service and beverage manufacturers depicts its popularity. Soy-based products are rich in amino acids, vitamins, fibers, omega-3, and flavones, in addition to being cholesterol-free and low in saturated fat. Soya meat is extremely rich in protein, with a protein content over 50%. Owing to these advantages, soy-based meat substitutes are anticipated to increase their market presence. A hydrolyzed or textured soy “veggie” burger is a meat analogue, mostly because the taste and texture is similar to meat. The transition from animal protein to plant protein can be possible only in a gradual, smooth and orderly fashion by utilizing high protein mixture, isolated protein and concentrated proteins from plant sources. Soy meat alternatives are closer to the taste and texture of meat, than in the past, because of newer technology. These developments have led to increased demand of these substitutes from the consumers.
Asia-Pacific is the Fastest Growing Region
Europe is the largest market for meat substitute products, by revenue, accounting for 39% of the global market share. Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region registering a 5.3% CAGR; due to the huge support from the large population, rising urbanization, increasing incomes and rapid adaptation of processed foods in the market.
Major Players: AMY'S KITCHEN, INC., BEYOND MEAT, BLUE CHIP GROUP, CAULDRON FOODS, GARDEN PROTEIN INTERNATIONAL, INC., MGP INGREDIENTS, INC., MEATLESS B.V., MORNINGSTAR FARMS, NISSHIN OLLIO GROUP, QUORN FOODS, SONIC BIOCHEM EXTRACTIONS LTD., THE NISSHIN OLLIO GROUP LTD. and VBITES FOODS LTD, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timeline
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Demand for Healthy and Diversified Food
4.1.2 Preference for Vegetarian Food
4.1.3 Demand for Convenience
4.2.1 Relatively High Price of Meat Substitute Products
4.2.2 Lack of Good Taste in Comparison to Natural Meat Products
4.3.1 Rising Organized Retail Sector
4.3.2 Scope of Innovation in Products and Offerings
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Product Type
5.2 By Source
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
6.1 Market Share Analysis
6.2 Most Active Companies
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
7. Company Profiles
7.1 AMY's Kitchen, Inc.
7.2 Beyond Meat
7.3 Blue Chip Group
7.4 Cauldron Foods
7.5 Garden Protein International, Inc.
7.6 MGP Ingredients, Inc.
7.7 Meatless B.V.
7.8 Morningstar Farms
7.9 Nisshin Ollio Group
7.10 Quorn Foods
7.11 Sonic Biochem Extractions Ltd.
7.12 The Nisshin Ollio Group Ltd.
7.13 Vbites Foods Ltd.
- AMY's Kitchen Inc.
- Beyond Meat
- Blue Chip Group
- Cauldron Foods
- Garden Protein International Inc.
- MGP Ingredients Inc.
- Meatless B.V.
- Morningstar Farms
- NISShin Ollio Group
- Quorn Foods
- Sonic Biochem Extractions Ltd.
- The NISShin Ollio Group Ltd.
- Vbites Foods Ltd.