Unilever has planned to sell its margarine business for USD 7.4 billion one month after it rejected a USD 143 billion takeover bid from Kraft Heinz.
With Unilever’s exit from the margarine business, Country Crock and “I Can't Believe It's Not Butter” are seeking to sell the Margarine's brands.
Becel® Original, Becel® Buttery Taste, Becel® with Olive Oil, and Becel® Vegan are now free from artificial preservatives, flavours and colours and have the same great taste your family loves. Blend Bar by Becel is a unique and interactive product that is soft, non-hydrogenated margarine.
The global margarine industry is largely driven by the changing lifestyles and dietary habits, due to a shift in the consumer preference towards natural products. The demand is also driven by the fact that margarine is a cheaper alternative to butter. Availability of other alternatives for margarine and health-related concerns of fat consumption may restrain the growth of the otherwise consistently growing industry. An increasing use of margarine in the food industry and the introduction of innovative margarine varieties into the market are expected to provide future growth opportunities.
The global margarine market can be broadly segmented into three major segments that include the product type, usage, and geography. By the product type, margarine can be classified into butter margarine, liquid margarine, and others. The butter margarine segment has the highest demand, followed by liquid margarine. By usage, the market is segmented into spreadable and non-spreadable margarine.
The global margarine market is dominated by North America, which holds 29% of the total market share. It is followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, South America, and Africa. North America is the largest consumer of margarine, especially due to the high consumption in food processing. The USA and Canada are the largest consumers in North America. Europe is the second largest consumer of margarine. Developing regions, such as Asia-Pacific and South America, are constantly growing at a high rate of consumption. China and India are the largest producers and consumers of margarine, in the Asia-Pacific region.
MAJOR PLAYERS: BRF, BUNGE, CHINA AGRI-INDUSTRIES HOLDINGS, CONAGRA, DAIRY CREST, FU JI OIL, GOODMAN FIELDER, GRUPO LALA, MENGNIU, NAMCHOW, SOUTHSEAS OILS & FATS INDUSTRIAL, UNI-PRESIDENT CHINA HOLDINGS, UNILEVER, and WILMAR INTERNATIONAL, amongst others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics which essentially consider the factors which are impelling the present market scenario along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players along with the key strategies adopted for development in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
This report can be customized to meet your requirements..
1.1 Key Deliverables of the study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Approach & Methodology
2.2 Research Designs
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Key Findings
4. Market Dynamics
4.1.1 Changing Lifestyle and Dietary Habits
4.1.2 Cheaper Alternative for Butter
4.2.1 Increasing Health Concern Among Consumers
4.2.2 Availability of Other Alternatives for Margarine
4.3.1 Rising Demand in Developing Countries
4.3.2 Introducing Innovative Products
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
4.5 Consumer Behavior Analysis
4.5.1 Consumer Demand Analysis
4.5.2 Target Market Identification
18.104.22.168 Purchasing Power
22.214.171.124 Demographic Strengths & Weaknesses
126.96.36.199 Spending Patterns
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Usage
5.2 By Distribution Channel
5.2.2 Food Sector
5.3 By Geography
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 South America
188.8.131.52 South Africa
6. Competitive Landscape
7. Company Profiles
7.3 China Agri-Industries Holdings
7.5 Dairy Crest
7.6 Fu Ji Oil
7.7 Goodman Fielder
7.8 Grupo Lala
7.11 Southseas Oils & Fats Industrial
7.12 Uni-president China Holdings
7.14 Wilmar International
- China Agri-Industries Holdings
- Dairy Crest
- Fu Ji Oil
- Goodman Fielder
- Grupo Lala
- Southseas Oils & Fats Industrial
- Uni-president China Holdings
- Wilmar International