Health Concerns to Drive the Market
Innovative and customized formulations from global players for weight management supplement products is expected to drive the growth of the market over the forecast period. Changing lifestyles due to growing health consciousness among consumers is expected to influence the growth of the market. Stringent regulatory guidelines on supplements from various regulatory bodies is supposed to restrain the growth of the market in the years to come. Consumer preferences for plant protein-based supplements is expected to widen the scope of the weight management supplements market over the forecast period. Significant investment in research and development of these products is expected to fuel the rise in demand for weight management supplements.
The market is segmented by product type and distribution channel. By product type, the market has been segmented into tablets, powders, liquids, and others. The powders segment is gaining popularity among lifestyle users, owing to its convenience of consumption. By distribution channel, the weight management supplement market has been classified by specialty retail stores, convenience stores, online channels, and others. Expansion of online channel has facilitated the growth of these products, due to the considerable amount of investment in branding and advertising.
Asia-Pacific to Grow at a Rapid Pace
North America held the dominant market for the weight management supplements market in 2017. The significant presence of global players catering to weight management supplement products is driving the growth of this region. The growing popularity for natural and organic ingredients in weight management supplement product is one of the driving factors for the rise in the demand of these products in the United States. Growing incidence of major health concerns, such as obesity and diabetes in the Asia-Pacific is likely to influence the demand for the global weight management supplements market over the forecast period.
Major Players: AMWAY, ABBOTT NUTRITION, GLANBIA NUTRITIONALS PLC, HERBALIFE, LOVATE HEALTH SCIENCES, ORIFLAME, ATKINS NUTRITIONAL, NESTLE SA, NUTRISYSTEM, BIOALPHA HOLDINGS BERHAD and WHITE HERON PHARMACEUTICAL., amongst others.
- May 2017: Glanbia Nutritionals is focused on developing its deep expertise and extensive abilities in the spotlight at Vitafoods 2017, through a wide range of new models, which will feature customized and innovative solutions for functional beverages, bars, and supplements.
- Analyzing outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis.
- Market dynamics, which essentially consider the factors that are impelling the present market scenario, along with growth prospects of the market over the forecast period.
- Market segmentation analysis, including qualitative and quantitative research, incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects.
- Country-level analysis, integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the key strategies adopted for development over the past five years.
- Comprehensive company profiles, covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Report Description
2. Market Overview
2.1 Market Trend
3. Market Dynamics
3.2 Innovative and Customized Formulations
3.3 Health Consciousness among Consumers
3.5 Stringent Regulatory Guidelines
3.7 Growing Inclination towards Plant Protein-based Products
3.8 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.8.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.8.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.8.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.8.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.8.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Specialist Retailers
4.2.2 Convenience Stores
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
4.3.4 South America
220.127.116.11 South Africa
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Strategy Adopted by Key players
5.2 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
5.3 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Abbott Nutrition
6.3 Glanbia Nutritionals Plc
6.5 Lovate Health Sciences
6.7 Atkins Nutritional
6.8 Nestle SA
6.10 Bioalpha Holdings Berhad
6.11 White Heron Pharmaceutical