Growing Geriatric Population with the Increasing Need for Digital Healthcare
Owing to the growing demand for advanced healthcare systems, especially in the developed countries of North America and Europe, the nurse call systems market accounted for a significant growth rate in the recent years. The growing global geriatric populations is likely to augment the demand for nurse call system. Rising incidences of chronic diseases and long-term diseases in aged population have increased the demand for advanced healthcare care need and support among geriatric populations. The growing geriatric population and demand for digital healthcare need and care are likely to drive the market of nurse call systems. In addition, the increase in the number of hospitals adopting nurse call system, growing investment from public and private sectors in healthcare systems, and technological advancement in nurse call systems are a few factors fuelling nurse call system market.
Lack of Awareness among Staff regarding Proper Management and Installation of Nurse Call System
The design and installation of nurse call systems play an important part in staff handling of patients, particularly in emergency situations. The improper management and inadequate installation of the nurse call system are likely to impede the growth of nurse call system market. Staff not being able to relay messages to other staff for back-up and they not getting aware that the nurse call system has been activated are a few drawbacks associated with nurse call systems. These factors are putting risks to the patients’ life during emergency situations. Additionally, the high-cost involved during the implementation of advanced nurse call system is further likely to restrain the market growth.
North America to Dominate the Market
The nurse call systems market has been segmented on the basis of product type, modality, end user, and geography. By geography, this market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America.
North America dominates the nurse call systems market, owing to the presence of well-established healthcare facilities and the demand growth for advanced healthcare systems among aging population, along with the growing prevalence of chronic diseases in the region. Asia-Pacific is also expected to grow at a great pace during the forecast period, owing to the factors, such as increasing healthcare expenditures, growing aging population, which is creating a huge patient pool, and rising healthcare facilities in the region.
Key Developments in the Market
- October 2017: Critical Alert Systems, a leading provider of nurse call solutions for hospitals and health systems, exhibited the latest Nurse Call System at the 2017 ANCC National Magnet Conference at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. The updated systems enable hospitals to reduce costs while creating more efficient clinical workflows, faster patient response times, more informed responses to patient requests, and fewer clinical interruptions.
- August 2017: AMETEK, Inc. launched an advanced and proven nurse call system, Responder 5000, a new communication and productivity solution for skilled nursing facilities and nursing homes.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Current and future global nurse call system market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Various perspectives of the market, with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment expected to dominate the market
- The region expected to witness the fastest growth rate during the forecast period
- The latest developments, market shares, and strategies that are employed by the major market players
- 3 months analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel)
1.1 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Key Inferences
5. Market Overview
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
5.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.2.4 Threat of Substitute Product & Services
5.2.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
6. Drivers, Restraints, Opportunities, and Challenges Analysis (DROC)
6.1 Market Drivers
6.1.1 Growing Geriatric Population with Increasing Need for Digital Healthcare
6.1.2 Rise in Number of Hospitals Adopting Nurse Call Systems
6.1.3 Growing Investment from Public and Private Sectors in Digital Healthcare Systems
6.1.4 Technological Advancement in Nurse Call Systems
6.2 Market Restraints
6.2.1 High Cost in Implementation of Nurse Call Systems
6.2.2 Lack of Awareness among Staff, for Proper Management and Installation of Nurse Call System
6.4 Key Challenges
7. Market Segmentation
7.1 By Products
7.1.1 Nurse Call Intercoms Systems
7.1.2 Basic Audio/Visual Nurse Call Systems
7.1.3 IP-based Nurse Call Systems
7.1.4 Digital and Mobile Nurse Call Systems
7.2 By Modality
7.2.1 Wireless Nurse Call System
7.2.2 Wired Nurse Call System
7.3 By End User
7.3.1 Hospitals and Specialty Clinics
7.3.2 Assisted Living Centers
7.3.3 Long Term Healthcare Facilities
7.3.4 Nursing Homes
7.4 By Geography
7.4.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest Of Europe
22.214.171.124 Australia & New Zealand
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 Rest of Asia-Pacific
7.4.4 Middle East & Africa
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Middle East & Africa
7.4.5 South America
18.104.22.168 Rest of South America
8. Competitive Landscape
8.1 Mergers and Acquisition Analysis
8.2 Agreements, Collaborations, and Partnerships
8.3 New Products Launches
9. Key Players
9.1 Alfawaves. Inc.
9.2 Ascom Group
9.3 Bec Integrated Solutions, LLC
9.4 Cornell Communications
9.5 Fujian Huanyutong Technology Co. Ltd
9.6 Hill-Rom Services Inc.
9.7 Honeywell International Inc.
9.8 Jeron Electronics Systems Inc.
9.9 Systems Technologies
10. Future of the Market
- Alfawaves Inc
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Ascom Group
- Cornell Communications
- Fujian Huanyutong Technology Co. Ltd.
- Jeron Electronic Systems Inc.
- Bec Integrated Solutions Llc
- Hill-Rom Services Inc.
- Systems Technologies