Automation of routine laboratory procedures, by the use of dedicated work stations and software to program instruments, allows associate scientists and technicians to analyze the implications of their experiments, design effective follow-up projects, or develop alternative approaches to their work, instead of spending their days repeating tedious tasks. North America has been the biggest contributor to the growth in this market, due to the presence of major R&D firms, and its emphasis on optimizing workflows by minimizing human intervention.
Stringent Regulations are Driving Market Growth
Major factors contributing to the growth of the market include compulsion from the respective governments and industries to comply with the regulations, and the growing demand for the integrated healthcare systems. The shift from the legacy systems to commercial solutions was favored by the laboratories, as they provide flexible and reliable methods to manage data, resources, and workflows. Increase in the number of clinical and pre-clinical studies, the need for quicker analysis of samples, and efficient testing processes, along with the increasing stringency of regulation, are driving the growth of the market.
Immuno-based Analyzers Hold the Largest Market Share
Immuno-based analyzers are instruments that automatically run tests on samples from patients to detect biologically active substances. The vital part is to know which analyzer to use, as different analyzers have differing analysis time and reagents, which make these instruments highly sophisticated. These analyzers are majorly used in infectious disease testing, cancer, cardiac, and autoimmune diseases. Immuno-based analyzers are becoming more popular in clinical chemistry and immunoassay, as they are an effective tool to diagnose cancer, hepatitis, illegal drugs, fertility problems, sodium levels, endocrine function, and the detection of blood clots. The demand for immuno-based analyzers is decelerating in the United States and Europe. Europe’s challenges in the segment include laboratory consolidation in France and late payments from economically troubled countries, like Greece, Italy, Spain, and Portugal. China’s growing rural hospital market lacks basic diagnostics laboratory infrastructure, although it represents an untapped opportunity for affordable immuno-based analyzers. Leading players, such as Siemens, Abbott Diagnostics, Beckman Coulter, Ortho Clinical Diagnostics, and Roche, are focused on high-growth segments, such as infectious disease testing, cancer, cardiac, and autoimmune, resulting in the growth of immuno-based analyzers market.
North America Holds the Largest Market Share
North America is leading the market for automated analyzers. Asia-Pacific is the fastest-growing region. The extremely dynamic market landscape in North America, having a high level of merger and acquisition activities and many high-value deals, is leading to the growth of the market. Manufacturers and clinical laboratories are increasingly vying for niche technology solutions to increase their market share. The United States holds the largest market share in this region, owing to stringent regulations imposed by the government and the FDA for classification of devices, to assure safety and effectiveness.
Major Players: THERMO FISHER SCIENTIFIC, BECKMAN COULTER, HUDSON ROBOTICS, BECTON DICKINSON, SYNCHRON LAB AUTOMATION, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES, SIEMENS HEALTHCARE, TECAN GROUP LTD, PERKINELMER, BIO-RAD, ROCHE HOLDING AG, EPPENDORF AG SHIMADZU, AND AURORA BIOMED, among others.
Key Developments in the Market
- September 2017 - Agilent announced a platinum sponsorship agreement with LabCentral, biotech innovation hub based in Cambridge, Massachusetts. As a platinum sponsor, Agilent will provide LabCentral's shared laboratory workspace with a variety of Agilent technology.
- July 2017 - Thermo Fisher Scientific announced two innovative technologies (ISQ EC Single Quadrupole mass spectrometer, MAbPac RP 1mm columns). These are expected to increase analytical analysis.
- June 2017 - Roche announced that it would be showcasing new solutions for lab innovation and leadership at the 22nd IFCC-EFLM European Congress of Clinical Chemistry and Laboratory Medicines (EuroMedLab) in Athens. The congress will offer the opportunity to experience Roche’s latest technological advancements in diagnostics technology and solutions, including the Roche Integrated Core Lab (ICL), first-hand.
- Current and future of automated analyzers market outlook in the developed and emerging markets
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s five forces analysis
- The segment that is expected to dominate the market
- Regions that are expected to witness fastest growth during the forecast period
- Identify the latest developments, market shares and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3 months analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in excel).
This report can be customized to meet your requirements.
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
1.4 Key Findings of the Study
2. Research Approach and Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Overview
4.1 Market Segmentation
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products or Services
4.4.5 Competitive Rivalry among Existing Competitors
5. Market Dynamics
5.1 Factors Driving the Market
5.1.1 Digital Transformation for Labs with IoT
5.1.2 Stringent Regulations
5.2 Factors Restraining the Market
5.2.1 Initial Setup is Expensive
6. Technology Overview
6.1 Technology Snapshot
6.2 Industry Applications
7. Different Equipment In Lab Automation
7.1 Automated Liquid Handlers
7.2 Automated Plate Handlers
7.3 Robotic Arms
7.4 Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems (AS/RS)
8. Global Automated Analyzers Segmentation
8.1 By Analyzer
8.1.1 Biochemistry Analyzers
8.1.2 Immuno-based Analyzers
8.1.3 Hematology Analyzers
22.214.171.124 Cell Counters
8.2 By Application
8.2.1 Drug Discovery
8.2.4 Bio analysis
8.2.5 Analytical Chemistry
8.2.6 Clinical Diagnostics
8.3 By Geography
8.3.1 North America
8.3.4 Rest of the World
9. Competitive Intelligence - Company Profiles
9.1 Thermo Fisher Scientific
9.3 Hudson Robotics
9.4 Becton Dickinson
9.5 Synchron Lab Automation
9.6 Agilent Technologies
9.7 Siemens Healthcare
9.8 Tecan Group Ltd
9.10 Honeywell International
9.12 Roche Holding AG
9.13 Eppendorf AG
9.15 Aurora Biomed *List not exhaustive
10. Investment Analysis
11. Outlook of the Market
- Hudson Robotics
- Becton Dickinson
- Synchron Lab Automation
- Agilent Technologies
- Siemens Healthcare
- Tecan Group Ltd
- Honeywell International
- Roche Holding AG
- Eppendorf AG
- Aurora Biome.